May 26, 2011

21
The Nursery

Welcome to our nursery! It's so pretty!
We have been putting the final touches on it for the last few weeks, and besides a few pictures that will be added, it is ready for our little girls arrival in a few short weeks.

We went back and forth between this bedding and one with pink and brown elephants. I am so glad we chose the birds...they are so calming and the colors are so light and refreshing. And the long shag green carpet in the center....perfection! My husband had the vision for that, and I'm so glad he found it! I can't wait to have her playing with toys on it. It feels so nice and relaxing!
The toughest part of the decorating was the blooming cherry tree decal. It turned out amazing and I can't imagine the wall without it there. My husband did a great job putting it all together. I handed him the pieces but he did all the work making it look like it was meant to look.
We have a few cubes in her room. There is one beside the glider that holds extra blankets and breastfeeding supplies. And the one beside the crib holds all the books that people gave us at the shower with messages to our little girl. Things she will treasure for years to come!
The glider and ottoman are in the next corner, beside the window. Emma has been testing out the glider with me.We both approve and think the Grace will love it! I know I haven't shared the name with many of you, but the time has come to share!
Our little girl is going to be named Grace Mae.
This is her dresser and changing table. Again, we went thru many Etsy shops before we finally picked out a decal for over the changing table. This one felt perfect, so glad we found it.
Right now I have changing supplies, burp clothes and medical stuff in the top drawer, onsies, socks, caps and accessories in the second, and sleepers and pants in the bottom drawer.
We'll see how it works out once we start using stuff.
The sign that my cousin made for us hangs right inside the door when you walk in. I changed the fabric in the background to match the bedding more. It makes me smile and think how happy my mom would be in that room.
Quite a closet for a little girl don't you think? We were blessed with so many clothes at our showers, we've got stuff that she can wear up until she's about 2 years old. The bigger items and stuff we won't be using right away and tucked away in here as well.
See...I wasn't kidding about the clothes...not to mention the shoes! But who can pass up clearance shoes for $1! Not this momma!
I hope you enjoyed the virtual walk thru my happy place. We have spent many hours just sitting in the room and practicing our breathing and talking about how things will be once she arrives. I never thought I would feel so relaxed in that room, but its almost like this calm comes over me when I sit in the glider.
Anxiously awaiting her arrival.
Our pretty little girl.
Our little piece of happy.


21 comments:

Trish said...

Oh that is so gorgeous! I love those colors and the name is perfection! Congrats to you!

Jamee @ A New Kind of Normal said...

Everything is absolutely beautiful!! Little girls are SO much fun!! I love the bedding and the wall decals! I am so excited for you & your husband! Can't wait to "meet" her!

Bari said...

Everything is absolutely perfect! I am so over-the-moon thrilled for you, Mendie. Seriously, it brings tears to my eyes to think about all the wonderful experiences you are going to have with Grace. There will definitely be times you wish you could shove her back in, but the good times definitely outweigh the bad. All-in-all, she is going to be one lucky little girl to have you and G as her parents. I cannot wait until I get to meet her.

Syl said...

oh Mendie it looks amazing! I bet you can't wait to meet Grace!

Brooke said...

its beautiful!! :)

Becca said...

Love it. :)

Jenny K said...

Love it! I can't wait to have a girl so I can go crazy with the pink!

Kayla Sue said...

Oh my gosh, you guys did fantastic!! It is adorable! I LOVE the cherry blossom tree! And the shag rug... want it!! Pretty for sure! :)

Kate at Big City Belly said...

Love Love Love!!!! Yay for Grace. What a beautiful name. Good luck in your last weeks.

Elle The Heiress said...

beautiful name and I LOVE the quilt!

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Oh what a gorgeous little nursery! I love it! That cherry tree is SO lovely!! And Grace Mae? Such a sweet name! Counting down the days! <3

Amy said...

Beautiful nursery! What a lucky little girl to be born into such a caring, sweet family!

Stacie's Madness said...

wow. awesome!!! I love the decals!

Stacia said...

A pretty room for a pretty baby girl (I'm sure she will be!) with a pretty name! Well done, Mama. =>

Stillmary said...

I love here beautiful room, all her beautiful things, and especially her beautiful name. What a wonderful post!

Elaine A. said...

Oh girl, she is SET! There really is NOTHING like getting ready for that first baby because you have the time!! :D Her room is gorgeous as is her name. Just.Can't. WAIT for you to have her here!!!

jaime said...

Everything looks perfect!! I LOVE how the decals turned out!

Brooke said...

I love her room! Especially the tree :) I dream of decorating a girls room (I have 4 boys). Much luck and many blessings to you!

Ryan {Southern Pearls} said...

It looks fabulous Mendie! I love the bird theme - it's so cute. I'm very jealous that you're nursery is set up and ready to go. Mine is not and far from being ready! :-( I'm also really jealous of that closet of our yours stacked with clothes on matching hangers! Fantastic!!

Bacardi Mama said...

It is all perfect. The colors are beautiful and I so love her name. Grace is going to be one very lucky little girl to have this beautiful bedroom and you for her mommy.

ChariT said...

Your nursery is SO cute!! I can't wait until we have room so I can decorate for my babies! (One year old boy & girl) lol

~Blessings!

Post a Comment