May 19, 2011

5
37 wks

How Far Along am I: 37 Weeks
 
Size of baby: Baby Girl is the size of a watermelon

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 35 lbs since conception

Maternity Clothes: yes, thank goodness

 Gender: It's a GIRL!

Movement: She has been moving alot more in the mornings than she used to. Still rolling from side to side, which I love to watch! Who would have thought it would make me smile to stare at my belly for so long each night after dinner?

Sleep:I am doing alright with the sleeping. Normally I fall asleep on the couch watching tv with my husband, while Emma rests on what is left of my lap that she can fit on. Then I go upstairs and manage to get some shut eye between my trips to the bathroom which is roughly every 2 hours at this point. But I'm sleeping good when I go back to bed, so that makes it easier.

What I miss:Having multiple shoe choices. And not being out of breathe after climbing the stairs.

Cravings: Back to ice cream this week. Butter Pecan to be exact. Oh and lemon iced tea...which I NEVER drank before. I've splurged on a few of those this week.

Symptoms: I mentioned the swelling, but besides that and the tightening of the tummy, I haven't really had too many problems. I have occasional heartburn right before bed, but mostly its gone from the daylight hours. This week I have had some dull pains in my lower right side, thinking its maybe due to her dropping a little and getting ready to make her way into the world!

Measurements: Zero Dilation and effacement. She's not in any rush to leave the womb.

 Best Moment this week: It would be a toss up between getting back and foot rubs from my husband on multiple nights. He is so wonderful about taking care of me when I am achy. I'm a lucky girl.  This week was my first internal check at the doctors (not fun at all btw) and also the first time I will start seeing him weekly.  This made me realize just how close I am to having this baby! 
3 weeks! Wow this last trimester has flown by. I had my first strong contraction today at work, which was my second all together, last Saturday I had a short one after a long day of shopping. But today was a real sign that I need to start slowing down a bit and not pushing myself if I want to keep calm and let my body tell me when things are going to be happening.


5 comments:

Elaine A. said...

Oh, I'm getting SO excited for you!! That color is stunning on you by the way. Just a little bit longer before you get to hold your sweet baby! YAY!!! :D

Stillmary said...

You look wonderful and I'm getting excited for you too! It won't be long now!

jaime said...

Gorgeous! And I agree with Elaine - Love that color on you!!

Brooke said...

getting so close! EEEEEEEE {{{mendie & baby g}}}

Bari said...

I am so excited for you and cannot wait until I get that text that you are headed to the hospital. ((hugs to you, baby G and big G)). Love you girl and miss you terribly!

Post a Comment