May 31, 2011

8
38 wks

How Far Along am I: 38 Weeks
 
Size of baby: Baby Girl is the size of a watermelon

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 35.5 lbs since conception

Maternity Clothes: yes, thank goodness

 Gender: It's a GIRL!

Movement: She s still getting her kicks in bout 2-3 hours, but I have noiticed the phases of movementsd have decreased some.  She's not as active as often. I'm sure its because she is running out of room in there!

Sleep:I am tossing and turning alot these days, my hips are getting so sore and my lower back has been hurting towards the morning hours.

What I miss:This week I have been wanting some wine...not sure why, nothing to stress over or to celebrate, just has been looking goof at the market.

Cravings: Sonic andburgers again...this little one wants some protein!


Symptoms: I mentioned the swelling, oh the swelling! Its basically around all the time once I stand on my feet for the day. Flipflops are my friend, its getting too hot to wear my tennis shoes.  I have been having BAD heartburn when I go to bed and in the middle of the night again, but not right after I eat like I was before.

Measurements: Zero Dilation and effacement. She's still camping out with no signs of leaving early. Go on Tuesday for an ultrasound to get an idea of how big Miss Grace is going to be and make sure everything is going smoothly!

 Best Moment this week: I had another strong contraction this week, happened right before bed. It lasted over a minute and thought it was the start of something, but then it went away and didn't invite any friends over. And we spent some time taking some maternity pictures which we are continuing to edit.  The picture above is from 37.5 wks and the one below is from 38.5 wks...so you get an idea of where I am at 38 wks!


8 comments:

Bari said...

Beautiful pictures Mendie! I'm so freaking excited for you. Good luck at your appt this week :)

Mrs. Cline said...

You look great! She'll be here before you know it!

jaime said...

Oh I love your pictures! Wishing you lots of luck (and progress) at your doctor's appointment!!

Kirsten said...

You look amazing, my dear! I love that last picture too!. I'm thinking happy labor thoughts for you so we can meet little Grace.

Elle The Heiress said...

Almost there! I never made it this far in either of my pregnancies. I was induced with both at 35 weeks because of blood pressure issues.

*Lissa* said...

Beautiful photos!!! You are almost there! xo

Tiffany S said...

So awesome. You are almost there! Sleep now while you can... :)

Ryan {Southern Pearls} said...

Lookin' great Mendie! I'm with you on the swelling. As my brother in law likes to tell me "you have Haobbit feet minus all the hair!"

Post a Comment