May 6, 2011

5
35 wks

(Pardon the pasty picture....I've been sick this week)

How Far Along am I: 35 Weeks
(35 DAYS TO GO!!!)
 
Size of baby: Baby Girl is the size of a large cantaloupe

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 32 lbs since conception

Maternity Clothes: yes, thank goodness

 Gender: It's a GIRL!

Movement: Tons of moves and kicks this week. She is getting higher and it kinda tickles my ribs. I am told this won't last too long. Soon it will hurt. But for now, it makes me smile.The Dr said she was measuring a bit bigger this week, but he would keep an eye on it and if it continues then we'll do another growth scan in a few weeks and see how she looks.

Sleep:I've been sick this week so the sleeping hasn't been the best. I've been tossing and turning more and tend to get kind of achy if I stay in one place too long. Sometimes I have to stretch out on my back but don't stay there for too long.

What I miss: Skinny ankles and being able to lift up my leg to put on my shoe while standing on one foot. Now I have to sit on the steps and contort myself just to get socks on. Its a beautiful sight.

Cravings: Nothing really too much this week, probably because I can't really taste anything.
Did try a piece of Hawaiian pizza because it sounded good....not so much.

Symptoms: I started getting a sore throat Sunday night and when I went for my appointment on Monday I was a sneezy runny nosed mess! The Dr gave me a Z pack to prevent it from turning into strept throat and told me to stay hydrated and rest. Spent Monday night on the couch falling in and out of sleep. Spiked a fever about 9pm and tried to cool down with a cool compress on my head. It went down some and spiked again at 100.5 about 1am. It wasn't a good night for resting. Slowly felt better everyday once the fever dissipated, but that was pretty scary. Not knowing how much of a fever was risky to our little one, I was worrying and eventually took a Tylenol to help move it along!

 Best Moment this week: This week was the fourth week of Lamaze class...and we had the hospital tour! It was very cool to go inside the room and get to see where we would be delivering our baby (well the kind of room, I think there are a dozen or so). It helped to see all the stuff and get an idea of how things normally flow. Then we went to the other side of the floor where the postpartum section was and got to see where we would me moved after delivery. The first room that we saw was smaller then the second, both of which were smaller then the one that my cousin had when she delivered in. So hubby and I decided we want that big room! (room 223....gonna request it when we go in...doubt it will help but might as well try!) Oh and this week I washed the first load of tiny laundry with the free and clear baby detergent. It is amazing how many things fit into one load. It also is amazing how much smaller some of them are after getting them out of the dryer! Just a reminder of how tiny she is!

I think the girls are getting excited about meeting the baby too!



5 comments:

jaime said...

Hope you're feeling better. Can't wait for all of the girls to meet each other soon! :)

Bari said...

You look great - not pasty at all. I can't wait to meet your little lady :)

Elaine A. said...

Aw, that last pic is so sweet of you and your doggies!

You're gettin' so close!!

Kate at Big City Belly said...

I hope you're feeling better. Smart of your doc to give you that z-pac. You're so close!!!

Ryan {Southern Pearls} said...

I swear...sometimes I feel like we're the person! I was did Baby E's clothes this week too and was a) amazed at how much fit in there and b) how tiny everything was post-drying!

It's going to be so exciting having our little girls soon! I can't wait to share the experience with out 5000 miles away! ;-)

Post a Comment