April 26, 2011

2
Dear Baby Girl

Dear Baby Girl,
Hello my sweet little girl! This weekend was Easter, as you can see by the picture of Mommy and Daddy below, Mommy looked like she was smuggling her own Easter Egg!  I can not believe that in just 6 and a half weeks, you will be here with us! I kept thinking of how cute you will be next year in your Easter Dress!
I got your daddy a little Easter Basket with some of his favorite candy, but was thinking the whole time about how fun it would be for both of us to make and hide your Easter Basket next year! I'm sure there will be a cute toy or stuffed animal and probably a book and maybe some little snacks for you. Although you will not have any idea what you are doing, you will probably participate in an Easter Egg hunt with your little cousins. This will be more for Mommy and Daddy to enjoy probably, but just humor us and act like you are having fun, mkay?

Your room is *almost* finished. The last piece should be completed by this weekend. We find ourselves sitting in that room so much already. Mommy sits in the glider, sometimes with Miss Emma on her ever-shrinking lap, and Daddy is on the floor laying with Miss Ellie. We either practice our lamaze breathing or talk about some of the things we need to get done in the next month before you arrive. Its such a calming room, I really hope that you feel safe and happy when you are in there like we do. 

As I sit in your room and rub my belly, I feel you move and push around.  I close my eyes take a deep breathe and smile. I smile for the little girl that will soon be playing on the carpet with Daddy. I smile for the little girl that I will be rocking to sleep in that chair. I smile for the hope and love that you have brought to our family, and can't wait to have you here with us. Just 6 short weeks little one. Until then, keep growing and maturing....push and stretch wherever you need to. Mommy doesn't mind at all...and it scares me when you are too calm. So keep on dancing! Daddy likes to watch and feel Mommy's tummy move too, so be sure to move extra when you hear him close by!

Remember we adore you to the moon and back already!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy


2 comments:

Bari said...

Awe, I love this! I can't wait to meet little Miss G.

jaime said...

Love this :) I can't believe she'll be here in just a few weeks!

Post a Comment