March 11, 2011

5
27 weeks

How Far Along am I: 27 Weeks
 
Size of baby: Baby Girl is the size of a eggplant

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 20 lbs since conception

Maternity Clothes: All of my pants are maternity pants but I can still wear some of my big regular sweaters. I am still in some low ride pants, but am finding my full belly panel ones much more comfortable as I continue to grow bigger. Got another pair of jeans this week...can't wait to wear those!

 Gender: It's a GIRL!

Movement: Baby girl is moving daily, seems to be sleeping for a few hours, then I'll have a few movements. Then back to sleep a little more and repeat. Last night when I finally laid down in bed, she started to move like normal and then all of a sudden....THUMP! STRONGEST KICK YET! My hand almost lifted off my tummy a little! It was amazing, she is getting pretty strong in there!
I think she was telling me we should have went to bed earlier!

Sleep: So-so....I've been tossing and turning more lately and seem to wake up about 4:30ish and have trouble falling back asleep for that last little bit of rest before my alarm.

What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy definitely.  And I had a dream I drank a beer the other night, even though I haven't thought about that much at all. Must be reliving old St. Patty's Day memories!

Cravings: Still salads and new this week is burgers...I have been craving flame broiled beef! Oh and I may have had a nutty bar or two this week.

Symptoms: Feeling pretty good this week, only complaint really has been the last few days. My left back shoulder achy was achy a bit and then yesterday I experienced my first pregnancy backache.
Holy mother it was a new kind of pain.
(actually I am blaming that on the exhausted look on my face in the above picture, it was a long day at work!) But I'll take it to keep little girl growing!
I kinda think its because I've worked more this week and been stuck at my desk for longer periods.  Feels good so far today, so gonna try to stretch out and take a little walk every hour or so.

Best Moment this week: We had another growth ultrasound this week, and baby G is right on track with her growth. She is just a few days shy of where we thought, so that was a blessing. Got to see her arms and legs move around, which she is keeping up my her head for the most part.  The tech was able to get a really clear profile shot that almost brought tears to my eyes. My husband thinks she has my nose!


5 comments:

jaime said...

You look so great :) I love the profile shot of baby G!

Brooke said...

EEEEE! that's a baby! :) duh, i know, but she actually looks like one!

Bari said...

She's so pretty! If you can, try to schedule some appts with a chiro or massage therapist who works with pregnancy. It will help tremendously.

Stillmary said...

Awww, I love watching her progress with you. And I'm so glad everything looks so good. I can't wait for all the photos you're going to be posting!

Ryan {Southern Pearls} said...

Lookin' great Mendie!!

Post a Comment