December 20, 2010

6
Monday Ramblings

~I can not believe there are only 5 days left till Christmas. Wow…where has the time gone? Seriously, where is it? I haven’t even begun my holiday baking/candy making! That probably will happen on Thursday. I hope it will happen on Thursday. Right now I’m thinking of making Toffee and Grizzlenuchles (husbands families recipe). *Might* throw something else in, but not going all out like I did last year…that was just an insane bake-athon!

~The 4 weeks in between my doctor appointments seem like they are taking FOR-EVER! I know soon enough I will feel like I live there, going every other week then every week. But it’s just so hard waiting to know that everything is ok. I am enjoying every minute (well maybe not the heartburn but at least I know something’s happening) of being pregnant and don’t want to rush it. I just can’t wait to feel the little one move regularly!

~We tried something different this year with our gifts. We have 2 Christmas trees, one upstairs and one downstairs. We split our gifts up so we can each have some under the tree. I get 2 kinds of wrapping paper and we mix them up between both trees. Well this year, I decided to put all of one paper under one tree, and the other under the second tree. I kinda like it, we might have just started a new trend.

~Ellie and Emma are getting along so good, I am so happy that they are starting to get closer to each other. Every now and then a morsel of doubt will pop in my mind, wondering if we had waited just a few more weeks before deciding to get Ellie, which would have been after we found out we were expecting, would we still have gotten her? Would that have changed our minds and not adopted her? Part of me thinks maybe, but then I look at her sweet face and think about how cold and lonely she would be at the pound I know we made the right decision.

~As of this morning, with the exception of some random whites and a few towels…all the laundry in our house is clean. This hasn’t happened in years. Granted almost all, well ok all of what was washed in the last week is still sitting in baskets and on the sofa waiting to be put away. One step at a time people….didn’t want to get sidetracked. LOL.

~I am so thankful to work for a company that has shutdown the week between Christmas and New Years. Its awesome to get paid to enjoy the holidays with your family and friends! I’m hoping to get lots of organizing done while I’m off, including getting that laundry put away as well as gathering our yearly donations. No better time to clean out the closets then when I’m putting away clean clothes!

~I could very easily get used to wearing elastic waist paints. They are so comfortable. Who needs buttons?

~I am thinking of redoing my blog again, feels like it’s time for a change. Just need to narrow down the colors/theme and go from there. Maybe I’ll work on that over break. That and play some Atari, cause that’s how we roll.




6 comments:

Mrs. Cline said...

Sounds like a lot of fun little projects and baking and family and fun!

Can you come do my laundry?? Pretty please??

Merry Christmas!!

Bari said...

Holy cow - only 5 days until Christmas???? Thanks for that moment of panic. LOL

Hugs to you and the family!

Brooke said...

fun times! well except for the heartburn and laundry bit :P i'm a two kinds of wrapping paper kinda girl too. I bet your trees look awesome with all the same paper underneath.

jaime said...

please post pictures of your trees. :)

Bacardi Mama said...

I wish I was a baker, but I'm really not. Thank goodness my daughter absolutely adores baking. Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas. Enjoy the last one as a couple because next year will be an awesome family of three.

Elaine A. said...

Oooh, enjoy your time and off and Merry Christmas!!

Post a Comment