July 21, 2010

28
You Capture - B&W Pittsburgh Style

This past Saturday, we went to Pittsburgh.
We stopped at the Duquesne Incline to get a look at the skyline.
In these things.  This is how we would get up the incline to look at the city. 
Not too bad, just a slight incline, right?
We walked over to the stairs and I was loving all the rivets on the platform.  
Classic chunky steel rivets.
We walked up the stairs, under all the vintage lights.
 I loved the glass cages around the lights,
made it look like it was meant to be captured in black and white.
Be careful stepping into the car, watch your step!
The inside of the car was really warm beautiful old wood 
that had carried friends and families up the incline for years.
It looked pretty steep once you actually were in the car. 
Oh my tummy wasn't going to like this.

But once we got to the top, the view was amazing.  
There were so many bridges in Pittsburgh and it seemed like each one 
had a different shape and color.
Then to the right were the skyscrapers, and of course a few more bridges.
I like the incline.  Me and it could be good friends.




28 comments:

Kirsten said...

Mendie, these are beautiful! I agree. It was definitely meant to be photographed in black and white. I'd love to see them in color though too.

Kirsten said...

Mendie, these are beautiful! I agree. It was definitely meant to be photographed in black and white. I'd love to see them in color though too.

Bacardi Mama said...

These are cool. Great captures.

Bari said...

Beautiful shots. Pittburg really is a gorgeous city from that high up and everything always looks better in B/W.

Brooke said...

those are gorgeous!!!

Heather D said...

Fabulous! I've never thought of going to Pittsburgh...but maybe it's worth a visit!

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Oh gorgeous photos! It's like the subjects were just made for black & white photography. Great captures!

Elaine A. said...

LOVE that fourth shot, looking down! Awesome job Mendie. It's like you were there in a different time. And now, I want to visit Pittsburgh!!

Bec said...

I road one of those up a mountain in Austria once and it was really cool! It does seem really steep though when you first take a look at it ;)

Shauna said...

I love the shots, especially the one with the bridges. Very beautiful!

tippytoe foxtrot said...

I can't decide if I like the vintage lights or the bridges best. Nice job!

Brooke said...

Now that is the PERFECT outing to capture GREAT black and whites. I love them ALL. Seriously - stunning!

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Nice trip into the past. Love those old trains! =)

Mandy [Mandipidy] said...

these are gorgeous! I would seriously hang these all over my house :]

Amie said...

These are great shots to have in black and white! The vintage lights and structure makes it look like these shots were taken back in the day.

Jen said...

Awesome shots! Makes me want to visit there!

Bunch of Barrons said...

Love those shots of the city...great job. :)

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

These are really great shots!
They really look like photos from back in the day.

Stillmary said...

Fabulous pictures, Mendie! We've driven through Pittsburgh a number of times and have never seen it look like your captures. They're all awesome from the rivets to the skyline. Very interesting narration too! You rocked this capture!

Saj said...

That last shot of the skyline is gorgeous! And I really like the shot looking down the staircase-great composition.

Amber said...

I don't knwo what to say, these are all amazing! I really like the abstractness of the rivits and the wonder of the city.

Kim said...

AMAZING PHOTOS MENDIE!!! tfs!!!

Sabrina said...

Great shots and a great location for snapping BW shots!

jaime said...

These are all great! I really love the first photo.

Wife to the Rockstar said...

REALLY great shots!!!!!!

Sidnie said...

Stunning shots.
I love the inside of the cars.
And the detail that shows up in black and white.

Beautiful.

Alysha (Supermom) said...

what fun pictures... and they all look so great in B&W!!

beautifully done :)

imadramamama said...

What an amazing view!!

Post a Comment