July 21, 2010

10
Weigh-In Wednesday

Good Morning friends...happy hump day!  Time to step on that scale and see how badly my splurges of the last week hurt me.  I mean come on, let's be serious...I know it's not gonna be a loss this week. I mean, did you see what all I ate last week?  Yeah, not expecting a loss.

Loss this week: +1.75 lbs
Total loss for challenge: -3.5 lbs
(23% of my goal of losing 15 lbs this summer)

Well, I have to admit that isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but still not happy to have to jot that I gained almost 2 lbs.  Especially during a time when I'm in a challenge where I could win some mega moolah to take to Chicago in September.  Back on track and fighting to have all that gone and then some by next week.  Lots of it is probably sodium anyway, right? (wink wink)

I did start C25K W4 on Thursday....and got thru the whole thing!  Sure I was a little winded at the end of the 5 minute segments, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.  I started to do day 2 on Monday, but when I went for my run last night, I ran into a skunk and deer so only got a mile done, so not counting it as day 2, rather it was day 1.5.  Pending the rain stops by this evening, I will finish Day 2 tonight!  It feels soo good to be running longer and longer intervals.  I'm still not close to running a mile straight, but I'm at about 1/4 mile so I'll get there.

*Thank you all for the prayers for my Grandma and her heart cath last Thursday.  She didn't have to have any stints put in this time and she doesn't need surgery!  Just needs to get some cardio in to get her oxygen levels up.  Otherwise she looks good.  So thankful!


10 comments:

Renée aka Mekhismom said...

I'm glad to hear the good news about grandma. And Congratulations on your loss. We all have those weeks when we don't stick to the plan but you have the right attitude. Celebrate the overall loss and do better next time. I am so glad to hear C25K is working out for you. I laughed about your skunk and deer, I took my son to a game farm last week and deer walked right up to you for food and apparently one of the skunks sprayed because it was stinking! LOL

Bacardi Mama said...

Congratulations on the overall loss for the challenge. We all have not so great weeks and this is your turn. You are doing great with the C25K. I keep thinking that maybe I should try it. Last time I tried running it wasn't pretty. I'll have to give it some thought. Now we are on to the next challenge. Maybe we'll wind up on the same team. So glad your grandma is doing well.

LaughingLady said...

That's great news about your grandma! Glad to hear she's doing better.

And congratulations on the loss, even if it wasn't as much as you'd hoped! It's hard (for me, anyway) to be happy about those "lesser losses", but I guess we need to focus on the fact that it's still an overall LOSS and not a gain!!

Sarah said...

You had a great overall loss and now you are back on track, so that is super awesome! Way to go on the C25K. I know that program is hard, but you are doing it!! Way to go!!

Brooke said...

slowly but surely you'll get there!! :) and no worries about a post-birthday gain.

Bari said...

You are doing SOOO WELLL! This little blip up after your birthday is just that, a little blip. No worries, mate!

Audrey said...

Glad you got good news re: your Grandma! :)

Yes, you gained this week but you had a really good reason and an overall loss for the challenge. Combine that with how well you're doing on the C25K and I think you won big time this challenge.

xristinejoyce said...

Glad your grandma is ok! Good job on the loss and starting week 4 of C25k! You are almost half way done!

Kim said...

I am so inspired by your dedication to the c25k you are keeping me going!! I jsut did w4d1 tonight & was terrified but when the 3 min run seemed short I as encouraged!!! Thanks again for hooking me up!!

Thea @ Shrinking Jeans said...

Yeah, it was your birthday week. I don't even count that week on my calendar...especially since Dave's birthday is in the same week.

You are ROCKING the C25K! I'm so proud of you!!

And that's great about your Grandma!

Post a Comment