July 7, 2010

13
Weigh in Wednesday.

Wow, it’s Wednesday already? Gotta love those short 4 day workweeks! Time to step up and see how my actions and reactions have affected the scale. Didn’t really have too many ocnfessions this week, didn’t drink any of the white Russians I made for the guys this weekend, only had 1 hotdog each time we ate and counted for all those points. Even brought my low-cal buns to our family cookout. Hey, every 50 calories count!

Loss this week: -1.75 lbs
Total loss for challenge: -5.75 lbs

So flippin excited! I haven’t seen a loss like this in a few weeks, so I am thrilled. I have been watching my intake, tracking everything. Well almost everything. I didn’t track on the 4th of July, but only had 1 drink and one serving of banana split dessert….om-friggin-goodness, whoever invented that should be blessed!

For those of you who are wondering, I did try out my new Lands End swimsuit I won from Shrinking Jeans this weekend…even got in the pool! It was awesome, but I will save those details for an upcoming post!

I am continuing my C25K training, and last night completed W3D1…which included 3 minutes of running…twice. And I did it! I was really nervous, especially since I hadn’t run since Saturday morning. I got to the halfway thru the first 3 mins and thought, ok half way there. I did it….and felt good. I was winded, but didn’t have any pain.

The next 3 min run started just as I crossed my driveway, so I knew this one was going to be tougher. And it was. Half way thru seemed much longer the second time around. I kept looking at my watch, 1 minute left….30 seconds left….15seconds left…4 seconds….BEEP! Done! And you know what…I had made it almost ¼ mile in that 3 minutes! Rock on! I was thrilled, exhausted but thrilled. I just had my 3 min walk to finish it and then walked the rest of the way home, making it 1.5 miles altogether.

So I am still excited about C25K, my legs feel great this morning, not nearly as much pain as I had the first few weeks. Hope tomorrow treats me the same way…I can’t believe I did it on the first try! I am right on track with the C25K plan. Looking forward to continuing on….and hope to be able to kinda keep up if we go for a run when Bari and Brooke come to visit next month!


13 comments:

Karena said...

Good job on the loss, Mendie -- that's got to feel good, especially after the holiday weekend. And fantastic progress on the C25K -- I'm really proud of you for seeing it through!

LaughingLady said...

Great job on the running program!! And on the awesome loss this week, especially considering the holidays!!

I'm slowly getting back into running again, too. I'm hoping before the snow flies and I have to wear ski pants again, that I'll be able to run 4 miles/6.5k.

Heather D said...

Woo hoo! Great job on C25K and losing over a HOLIDAY WEEKEND!

Brooke said...

you are freakin amazing. the end :)

okay so maybe not the end but you're awesome. i want a white russian when i'm up there! :)

Bari said...

I am so jealous of your loss this week-almost 2 pounds is awesome! I'm also so glad you literally took the plunge in your new swimsuit :) and that you are loving your running!

Sarah Jones said...

Great week indeed! You get the badge of courage for going out in the swim suit!

Kim said...

a list of successes for you today!!! wtg girl!!! so proud of you!

Ace said...

Great job!!!

Tiffany said...

Love that you are doing so WELL with this challenge... I thought it was pretty impressive that you didn't have any of the white russians when you were making them... THAT is some willpower! Keep it up!

april said...

I'm so proud of you Mendie! Great job!

Audrey said...

Great job on the loss and C25K progress. And happy belated birthday to Emma. :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Great job on the C25k! I love that program and wish I had known about it when I started running.

Elaine A. said...

Great job on the loss and the C25K training - you're doing SO well!

And yes, banana pudding sounds divine right about now...

Post a Comment