July 14, 2010

22
Happy Birthday to Me

Good Morning friends. You read that right...today is my birthday. I turned 33 today...wow where have the last 3 years gone, seems like I just celebrated turning 30 yesterday!

Let's get the piddly stuff out of the way, the weigh in for this week.  Not so good this week, but I had a good loss last week so I'm not too worried about the ebb this week.

Loss this week: +0.5 lbs
Total loss for challenge: -5.25 lbs

It's gonna be a tough weekend, we are going to Pittsburgh and will be partaking in some not so healthy food, but its a birthday celebration so I'm not too worried about it.  I will be burning some calories walking around IKEA, so I'm pretty excited about that exercise.  Am taking a day off from C25K today but will pick up again tomorrow.  

Keeping with a tradition that I started last year, I took my birthday picture to compare my progress over the last year.  Not as much change from 2008-2009, but do you notice any change? 
 I looked back to my journals and as of this morning, I am actually 12 lbs heavier then I was at my last birthday!  12 lbs!  Wow...I didn't think it was that much of a difference but the old blog posts don't lie.  Looking at my pictures, I feel like my legs are smaller but I've lost a little definition in my waist.

Last year I I was doing the 30 day Shred and this year I'm turning into a runner and am ready to start C25K Week 4. Last year I was still on birth control and this year I am in the midst of Operation Babybug.  Last year my heart was heavy without my mom, this year it is full because of the memories of her singing birthday phone calls. Last year I was just new to Shrinking Jeans and rarely knew any of the Sisters.  This year, they have become real friends and have been so supportive and uplifting as I continue my journey to being the best ladybug I can be! 

My blog has become such an important part of my life, and I am blessed to have such good women in my life to help make it thru those frustrating days.  Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.  You have helped to make it a great year...and I know the next one will be even better!

{Oh and if anyone is interested, there are a few things left on my birthday list. (Picnik Premium, 50mm prime lens, new wardrobe of workout clothes, and some IKEA giftcards to use this weekend) mkay, thanks!}


22 comments:

Renée aka Mekhismom said...

Happy Birthday Mendie! You look great. And you know with the support of your sisters those 12 pounds will soon be history! I am so glad that Shrinking Jeans has brought us together, I truly love the sisterhood. Enjoy your special day and treat yourself, you deserve it!

Bacardi Mama said...

Oh Happy Birthday Mendie! I can definitely see a difference in your pictures. Maybe I should do that with my new weight loss blog. A picture can't lie. You will love Picnik Premium if you get it. I won it at the Sisterhood Bash and I love it. I totally agree about the friendships we make at the Sisterhood. I love you ladies! Have a great day Mendie!!

Audrey said...

First, Happy Birthday! You look fabulous! I also love your attitude. You are so positive. Hugs! :)

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday, I hope you have a great day and a great weekend. The pictures look great, I would have never thought you were up from last year. But you are on the right track with a great attitude and you will do awesome. I hope all your dreams come true this year, especially the babybug!

Brooke said...

i love the "Operation Babybug" phrase :P I would have thought you were the same, or maybe a bit smaller through the waist this year. then again i suppose the clothes you are wearing could make a bit of a difference.

i hope your birthday is full of the most wonderful things in your world - you certainly deserve it!!

Christie O. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! the important thing is you're living a healthy lifestyle! (You do look fantastic!!) I love "operation babybug" too, how cute! it's amazing what happens in a year, I loved your lookback. Happy Birthday, sweetie, have the best weekend ever! xo

Jamee said...

Happy Birthday!!! You look fabulous! And def don't stress over the slight gain! Enjoy your day!

Ace said...

Happy happy birthday again!
I wouldn't guess you weighed more this year! I thought your waist and hips looked trimmer!

The Doll said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

I think you look smaller and smaller every year.

Furry Bottoms said...

Happpppppppppy birthday, Mendie!!! I hope you have a fantastic day, and your pictures are awesome!!!

LaughingLady said...

Happy birthday, Mendie!! Hope you have an awesome weekend!

Stacie's Madness said...

happy birthday!

Kirsten said...

Happy birthday, my friend. I'm so glad this year is feeling "lighter" than last year (emotionally). I remember you joining the Sisterhood because I remember your birthday post from last year. You should be proud that even though your scale doesn't show it, you've come so far in the last year. Deciding to be a runner is the only way to become a runner (or anything else for that matter). It's all choices. I hope you have a fantastic birthday celebration in Pittsburgh.

*Lissa* said...

Happy Birthday, gorgeous!! Much love to you! xoxo

Bari said...

Happy birthday to you! I'm so glad I found you through the sisterhood and that all of us girls have been able to support you and lift you up. I think you look amazing, and you are going to have a fantastic year! Your running is going to keep getting better and you will continue to get healthier for Operation Babybug. Love you girl! Have a great time in Pittsburg. If you get a chance, go to Church Brew Works Brewing. It is a brewpub that was put into an old church. The stained glass inside is amazing (and the food and beer weren't bad either!).
xoxo

Mommy Mo said...

Happy Birthday Ladybug!!!!! You deserve the best birthday ever.....and may you have fun making a babybug : ).

april said...

I hope you've had the greatest of days!!

Heather D said...

Happy Birthday, gorgeous! I honestly thought you looked smaller this year. So there.
You're an amazing person and I'm so thrilled to know you. 33 is going to be YOUR YEAR!

Melissa List said...

Happy birthday Gorgeous! :D

Tiffany said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Isn't it powerful to look back over the past year? Amazing to take in the perspective of another year. You have accomplished so much are really taking some amazing steps forward. Keep up the great work!

Elaine A. said...

You look great girl! I hope you had a wonderful birthday and have a fun weekend of celebrating! You deserve it! : MWAH!

Kim said...

AHH I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!! I love the pic idea! I think you look marvelous!!

Post a Comment