July 16, 2010

8
this and that

Good Morning! Happy Friday friends! I hope you are ready for the weekend...I know I am .  What a week...phew I am exhausted. Mentally and Physically.

Started out with a doctors appt on Monday afternoon, to which the news was just keep plugging along and we'll check again in 6 months.  Could have been worse news so trying not to get discouraged.  Then it was my Birthday...didn't really do much, had to work and then got Chinese takeout and I enjoyed a small Strawberry Golden Oreo blizzard instead of cake.  OMFG it was awesome...so freakin' good!  I could eat one of those every day.  But I won't. But I could, just sayin.

Then yesterday morning my grandma had to have another heart cath done.  This is the third one she has had done in the last 2 years, both other times she had 2 stints put in.  But this time, her results came back good and she didn't need anything done.  Thank you Lord!  The dr did say she needed to get a little more exercise to get her O2 levels up some, she tires so easily.  But she is 78 years old, so she needs to just take some nice walks and do some cardio things, instead of trying to do heavy yardwork and moving furniture like she has been.  She's a strong woman, mainly strong minded and isn't liking the fact that her body is slowly down and getting tired quicker.  So she is home and ordered not to do anything including drive until Sunday, just rest and catch up on her talkshows.  That lady loves Steve Wilco or whatever his name is...its her fix. LOL.

I started week 4 of the C25K plan last night, and amazed myself with 5 minute running segments...and I didn't puke!  That is awesome and I'm so proud that I went for it instead of sticking with the week 3 schedule I was comfortable with.  Not sure yet if I will do day 2 tomorrow or Sunday morning.  You see....Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day and we will be leaving our house kinda early.  We are heading to Pittsburgh!  I am so excited, we have been talking about this for a while and decided to make it a birthday celebration trip!  So we plan on hitting Primante Brothers for lunch and then going to IKEA!  I haven't been to IKEA in probably 5 years!  Got some birthday money I want to spend...just not sure what I "need". So for the first time in a while, my Saturday Cell Phone Mosiac should rock!

Google reader is full, so I will hopefully get caught up either tonight or Sunday.  So if there is anything I NEED TO KNOW right now, please let me know...I haven't forgotten you all, just had to push you aside for a lil bit.  Hope you understand.  I know you will, cause you are great peeps like that.

Have a wonderful weekend....hope you are doing something fun! 


8 comments:

Bari said...

Have a great time at IKEA! I could literally get lost in there for hours. I think part of it is how they "make" you snake through each and every department before you can find an exit :) Very clever, I must say. I'm sure you will have no trouble finding something to spend your birthday money on. They have really cute dog toys so you could always bring something back for Miss Emma :)

Brooke said...

have a great weekend! :) and have fun "plugging away" ;)

Ace said...

LOLOL! I'm dying over here thinking of your grandma watching Steve Wilco! That's hilarious!

Carrie said...

Have a great weekend! What a fun trip to shop! Way to Go on the C25K running. I am impressed, the thought of 5 minutes at once kinda scares me. Your an inspiration.

The Doll said...

That's great news about your Grandma. They have work out videos designed for elders. My Grandma can walk but it hurts her knees so I bought her a chair work out DVD to keep her upper body strength up.

Have fun at Ikea! I LOVE that store.

Bacardi Mama said...

Have a great time this weekend. I love IKEA!

Kim said...

I absolutely love how positive this post is!!! :) so much to be thankful for & you appreciate it all!!!

Audrey said...

By now you're home...hope you had a wonderful trip!

Post a Comment