June 3, 2010

8
Versatile Blogger...that's me!

  Last week Mary over at Musings of the Sixties gave me this award.  Thanks Mary!  If you haven't visited Mary's Blog, stop over and say hello.  She is a fellow lover of Koi and has great posts about her walking adventures and lovely stories about her grandchildren...she is a such a dear!  The rules are to thank the person who gave you the award, tell seven things about yourself and pass the award along to some bloggers you love.

So here are some things you probably don't know about me, whether you want to know them or not!  LOL!

1) When I was young I had 2 make believe friends, Susie and Dobie.  One of them was blue. I guess I loved the smurfs a little too much.

2) I will eat ketchup, salsa and spaghetti sauce, but don't like raw tomatoes on sandwiches or in salads.

3) I am a big fan of salty and sweet...and may or may not have been known to mix popcorn and swiss cake rolls at one sitting.  Not for a while, but it has been done.

4) I can't draw a stick figure.  Seriously, no artistic talent in these bones, at least in the sketching way.

5) I took Tae-Kwan Do when I was younger from my high school boyfriends father.  I got a yellow belt.  By breaking a board with my foot.  For real.

6) I haven't ridden a bicycle for years...because I am so short, it's hard to find one without spending hundreds of dollars. And I don't miss it that much!

7) I made our wedding cake.  Well it was boxed cake mix, but I made the buttercream icing and layered it and decorated it down to the scarlet ribbon.  That is something that I will hold close to my heart forever.

I would love to pass this along to some of my versatile bloggie friends!

Ace of  If You Think Round is Funny
Sarah of  Mommy Elephants Everyday Adventures
Elaine of Miss Elaine-ous Life
Bari of Diary of a Shrinking Chick
Jaime of Not Just an Ordinary Girl


8 comments:

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

Hey thanks for the award!!
Okay so where is a picture of this wedding cake you made? That totally rocks. I will not lie, ours was not very memorable except the topper, which was passed down through the family. I can not even tell you what it looked like! We had a crazy fun wedding that I DO remember!
My husband is just like you with the tomato thing..ya I think it's weird. :P

Bari said...

AWE, Thanks for the award!! My first blog award, I feel so honored :)

I love the salty/sweet, too, and may have been known to mix popcorn and Reeses Pieces at the movies (right in the bucket-yep, I'm not proud).

Ace said...

Aw, thanks! You're so awesome!

Stillmary said...

I love your informative post, Mendie and it makes me glad that I passed this award on to you! The sweet and salty thing? Yes! Especially anything salty with Swiss Cake Rolls. I have a serious addiction to them. And I agree with Mommy Elephant Sarah. Where are the wedding cake pictures?!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Congrats on your award.

I loved reading all your things.

I can't believe you made your own wedding cake. Impressive! Pictures please. :)

Adventures In Babywearing said...

How fun!! I also had an imaginary friend! His name was Forcon! LOL. (I also used to have a dog named Dobie!)

Steph

Brooke said...

i'm totally like you when it comes to tomatoes. i've tried them repeatedly and just don't like them. but love all things processed tomato.

Linda S said...

cute blog! love the colors.

impressed that you made your wedding cake! that is fab!

Post a Comment