June 8, 2010

4
Tuesday Ramblings

I have been the worst blogger ever the last few days...haven't had the time to stop by or do a Saturday Cell Phone Mosaic (that will have to wait till next Saturday) and recap my weekend.

Besides having tons of rain and horrible storms on Friday night, to which we were oblivious as we ran to Columbus for dinner, it was a fun weekend.  My niece graduated from High School so we had her party on Saturday and then had to go sit thru the actual graduation on Sunday.  The Main speaker, who was a Social Studies teacher was a graduate of another local high school that had all kinds of athletic and academic success....and he graduated in 2004.  From high school.  Talk about making me feel old....geesh.

Sunday afternoon my uncle, who is a mechanic stopped over to check out hubs car....which wouldn't start last week.  Ends up he needs a new timing belt and water pump...cha-ching.  Not good, puts a damper into my Chicago trip I have been planning for August.  Oh well, looks like I'll have to start pinching a little harder to make it happen.  At least it was at home when it wouldn't start, and I am blessed to have an awesome uncle who will work on it and I trust will do it right.

We started a Biggest Loser contest at work yesterday.  Teams of 3 people, and I think there are like 10 or 11 teams so that's exciting!  1st place team gets $100 each and a 6 month membership to a local gym!  AWESOME! Biggest individual loser gets $230!  AWESOME-ER!  So yeah, besides being challenged by the Sisterhood...I am focusing even harder on trying to win this contest!  Been walking my 2 miles a few times a week and am diligently tracking my food in my handy Lose It! i-phone app.  Love it!

Oh I did forget to mention one thing that occupied alot of my time Sunday Morning.  I had to pull myself away from the PC because I kept checking on all the sisters who were in the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon!  I didn't get to see any of them cross the finish line, but I was trying to send encouraging tweets and supportive thoughts their way.  It is amazing what they accomplished that morning!

So if you haven't already, swing over and congratulation Kirsten, Christie, Heather, Christy, Lissa, Lisa, Tiffany and Tiffany  and all the other members of Team Shrinking Jeans on a job well done! Mel had an injury and wasn't able to finish but she still did awesome training and raising money for LLS.  I'm so proud and humbled by all of you, you are truly inspiring, especially to all of us who aren't runners.  Pat yourself on the back...you did an amazing thing this weekend! I know you will be rewarded in good karma for stepping up to the challenge! Maybe next time I can join you...well unless I get a bun in my oven. LOL...who came up with that phrase anyway.

Anywho, happy Tuesday everyone...hope you are having a good week!



4 comments:

Brooke said...

the BL contest sounds like a lot of fun - good luck!! :)

Ace said...

Yay for the BL contest! You can do it!

Bari said...

Yeah for BL-I'm rooting for you to win, too! And you can totally do a 1/2 with a bun in the oven, sister Tiffany S did! You just walk it instead of running. I know of a great 1/2 up here in October if you want to join me :)

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh what fun a BL competition!

Have fun with it!

Post a Comment