February 3, 2010

20
Weigh-in Wednesday

Rethink Your Shrink!
It's time to weigh-in with Re-Think your Shrink over at Shrinking Jeans! Will my cutting back on using any of my weekly allowance points (last week I had 58of the 35 allotted) help keep the scale down??

Last week: 154.8
Today: 153.8
Loss: -1
Challenge Total: -4.8 

I am happy with this number, I would love to lose at least a pound everyweek...that would put me at my goal weight by labor day which would be awesome!  I did switch it up this week and do Banish Fat Boost Metabolism on Saturday and my quads hurt for days.  Thinking I'm going to focus more on cardio versus pure strength training to help burn some of this extra fluff off before I start toning up the muscle.  Weekend should be interesting with the Superbowl...am starting to plan healthy snacks now to counteract the alcohol that will be drank!

How was your week....did the scale pat you on the back this week? Come on over and share!

*On a side note, my aunt is heading back to Cleveland Clinic today, if you could say a little prayer for her it would be appreciated.  They discovered another brain tumor and are going to determine the best treatment today (radiation and chemo, gamma knife (centralized radiation) and chemo, or surgery to remove it.).  She was diagnosed with brain cancer early in 2006 and had surgery on St. Patrick's Day that year to remove one tumor and had chemo and radiation to help shrink another one.  She takes meds daily to help stabilize the tumor, and has been doing well, her balance is better and she spirit is staying up.  So of course this recent discovery has been difficult to accept..  She is a fighter and a true miracle and will continue looking to God strength. Thank you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


20 comments:

Ace said...

Good job on the pound!

Will be praying for your aunt.

Kim said...

WAY TO GO!!! prayers going up.

Mom of 3 boys said...

Good job on the loss. Will keep your aunts in my prayers.

Tobey Saniuk said...

1 pound a week is a good goal and one that I shoot for too! Way to go!

My thoughts and prayers are with your Aunt!

You could cut out the alcohol and eat healthy on Sunday. I'm just sayin'... :-)

Ashlee said...

great job!!!!
my sister works at the cleveland clinic, it's a great place. your aunt will be in my prayers!

Brooke said...

good work this week.

and i'll definitely pray for your aunt and family. *hugs*

Stillmary said...

Good job on the pound gone and I'll definitely be praying for your aunt.

jaime said...

I'm thinking great thoughts for your aunt, and hoping the doctors find the right treatment.

Great job on the weight loss!

Heather D said...

Good job Mendie! Fluff...I love it! ;)
Praying for strength for your aunt and your family. Cancer can bite the big one.
xo

Elaine A. said...

Awesome girl! Keep it up and you'll definitely reach your goal. I can't lose a pound to save my life...

Prayers for your aunt...

Karena said...

Great job on the loss, Mendie!! So sorry to hear about your aunt, I hope the doctors have some good options for her. Stay strong!

Stacie's Madness said...

congrats!

Diane said...

Way to go on the loss this week!! Keep up the great work!

I will keep your aunt and family in my thoughts over the next little while.

AnnG said...

Way to go on losing a pound!! Will be praying for you, your aunt and the rest of your family!

Christie O. said...

wow, great job on the pound is right!! If you want my two cents (you probably don't, that's ok) I would do both cardio and weights! When you are working those muscles with weights or the one you did that killed your quads, then your muscles keep burning calories well after your workout is done! It's an awesome way to burn fluff! I wouldn't have been able to do it without it! But whatever you're comfy with, sister and whatever works for you, I know I couldn't do it on cardio alone, it just didn't work for me. But it might for you. anyhoo, i'm saying prayers for your aunt and your family, big huge ones. stay strong. xo

adrienne said...

Hi. Found you through the Sisterhood. Good job with the loss and sorry about your aunt.

Bari said...

Hi Mendie!

Great job on the loss. 1 lb a week is totally attainable.

Your aunt and your family are definitely in my prayers. I pray that God leads the doctors to the best treatment for her and she has a positive outcome. *hugs*

DaenelT said...

Good job with the weight loss. And, of course, my thoughts and prayers are with your aunt.

*Lissa* said...

Good job!!!

Will definitely keep your Aunt in my thoughts. xoxo

imadramamama said...

Congrats on the loss, Mendie! That's awesome!

Praying for your aunt today. Cancer sucks, man.

Post a Comment