February 23, 2010

11
True Confession Tuesday

True Confessions
Here we go…in no particular order....hold on this might be a bumpy ride.

• I am a worrier. The inches of ice and snow that have accumulated over the snow storms of the last few weeks have me freaking out that our roof is going to start leaking once it thaws out. Not sure why, shouldn’t be any damage from the storm, just thinking the worst. There were almost 4 inches of ice in some places…that can not be good for the shingles.

• I finally made the decision (I think so at least) about what DSLR I am going to splurge on with tax return money. Eeek! So freakin excited to be buying a REAL camera!!! It’s a lot of money to spend, especially when I don’t have an adorable baby to take pictures of yet, but it’s something I have been wanting for years and I know it will be put to good use. So I might as well bite the bullet, quit overanalyzing it and get it for myself right? Sure I could spend it on new countertops or something for the house…but I rarely get any big ticket items for myself…and I deserve to. Right?  It's ok to be selfish sometimes isn't it?

• I spent way to much time tweaking my blog and lounging this weekend-it was nice I must admit.  Bad side, I did not workout either which has me mucho nervous about WW tonight! Why can't I get refocused!

• Part of this trouble refocusing on working out, had me "this close" to joining the VTNT Sisters for the San Diego Marathon.  It would amazing to do it for my aunt and raise money for research that I know has helped and continues helping her.  I'd be jumping into it so late and would I be able to raise the money in a few months?  And then I start to think about the sisters who are working hard for this race and I feel like I would be doing it a little disgrace by jumping on board and would probably only run maybe half of it.  I think its an awesome thing to do and I commend them for stepping up to the plate and pushing their bodies to do it.  I'm just a tad bit jealous of their mad training skillz.  Maybe I'll work towards it this summer and sign up for a local race in the fall.  Still honoring my aunt but making her proud of what I am doing at the same time. I don't know...why is this so hard for me to let go?  Something keeps dragging me back to considering it. I need to just let it go.

• My aunt started her chemotherapy on Saturday night. She is taking the pill form again, like she did after her first surgery. She is at home and people are taking turns being with her while her husband is at work. My grandma stops over for a few hours each day and frequently uses the phrase “bless her heart!” when she talks about her unloading the dishwasher or wanting to help with dinner. She’s a strong woman and the dr said to let her do whatever she felt like she could.

• She had some issues when she first got home, she kept talking about being a little girl in Mexico at the beach. But she is doing better and is back to her normal personality now. Guess that’s common with brain surgeries to pick up on different personality traits hidden with in. I’m just glad that hers was happy.

• I woke up with a killer migraine this morning about 3am. Was still there when I woke up and started getting ready, but then it turned into a pinching migraine which makes me nauseous. So I called the boss and told him I would be in late. Went back to bed for a few hours. It has turned into a pulsing migraine, which for me is better because it doesn’t make me feel like I want to hurl my guts out. Hoping it makes like a tree and leaves soon.

Whew...I feel better and a little ashamed at the same time.  Know what I mean? Come share your confessions with the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans…I’m sure you’ll find some interesting things there!




11 comments:

Kirsten said...

Mendie, I wish you would be joining us in San Diego! This post is full of fun stuff! I'm glad your aunt is recovering well. That is awesome news. Did you read my running post about Nike's new slogan? "Don't Think. Run"

busygirl said...

I just got a Nikon D3000 and am in LOVE with it!

Brooke said...

first off there is no shame in walk/running. it works and as long as you finish the 13.1 miles you've completed a half marathon - who cares how!

but i've been having a hard time with motivation too, so i feel ya on that.

Lorena Frith said...

I love your post... It's like a dear diary where you just let all your inner thoughts go. I always feel so much better when I do. As for splurging on your new camera-- Go For It! =) I know you will love it... I'm ready for my second one! I know for me as a mom I always spend the money on my girls and put myself last but then it turns into a habit. As for me, if I don't spoil myself then who will? lol So happy for you aunt's great recovery as well. =)

... Your site looks Awesome! =)

Ashlee said...

yay for a camera! prayers for your aunt. feel better, migranes are the worst!

Bari said...

I'm so glad your aunt is on her way back to health. As for wanting to do the 1/2 marathon, I say "go for it" if it is something you really want to try. Camera-so jealous I can't see straight. I want a DSLR so bad I can taste it, but I can't spend the $ right now :(

BTW-love the new layout and colors on your blog! Brown/teal/green are one of my favorite combos!

Mommy Mo said...

Mendie, I totally think you should join us for the 1/2 marathon. I totally think you could do it- we're not so far into the training that you can't get up to speed. I run/walk and it's done wonders for my self-confidence. Plus, you have a wonderful reason to do it. As for the fundraising, we're all going through it right now and helping each other with ideas. Hugs!

Kim said...

yay for the camera! prayers for your aunt & family! Ugh for the migraine!

Karena said...

Mendie -- it's not too late for you to do SD. That's something that's been pulling at me for a long time too. I definitely can't do it now, I've committed to another race and already made travel plans et al. But don't let the training be what stops you.

A second option, you know, is that many of us are doing the half or full at Disney next January. Although we're (or at least I'm) not doing it as part of VTNT, the beneficiary of the race itself is LLS. Just a thought!

AnnG said...

You can do it Mendie!! Totally!! Praying for your aunt and your family...

imadramamama said...

I couldn't agree more with what Brooke said. It's not important HOW you cross the finish line, it's just important that you DO cross the finish line!

Post a Comment