January 20, 2010

18
Weigh-in Wednesday

Rethink Your Shrink!
It's time for the 3nd weigh-in of Re-Think your Shrink over at Shrinking Jeans!  The scale is down just a touch this morning, but I’m not upset. I've been exercising and drinking my water and taking my vitamins, I know that’s just how this whole thing works…ebbs and tides right?

Last week: 156.6
Today: 156.4
Loss: -0.2
Challenge Total: -2.2 

I officially started my Weight Watchers meetings last night, and I really like the leader and the group. If you recall, I had some hesitations about how the meeting would go.There are probably about 20 people there, and there were 4 new members last night…so its nice not to be the only one getting used to the program.  And I even contributed!  They were talking about exercise and I mentioned ExerciseTV and how awesome I thought it was for trying out new programs.  A member came up after class and asked me more about how to find it!  Felt good to help someone, even if it was in a small way!

I did weigh myself at home fully dressed before going over there and their scales were only .4 higher than mine at home- so that’s good. Now the question is do I track with the Sisterhood using my fully dressed Tuesday evening WW weigh-in number or do I continue with my Wed morning in the buff weigh-in? What do any of you who attend meetings do?  Thinking I'll continue with my Wed numbers but report when I reach any milestones with Weight Watchers.

How was your week...was the scale kind to you or did it shake it's little finger in your face?  Come share with us!


18 comments:

Brooke said...

Glad WW went well for you last night. If I were you I'd keep up the Wednesday morning weigh ins, at least for this challenge to stay consistant.

CraftGirlAlli said...

Glad you liked your WW meeting! The leader can make a huge difference! I agree with Brooke and think you should continue with the wednesday weigh ins for the challenge.

Syl said...

that's great that you found a meeting you like and congrats on your loss

jaime said...

When I go to WW meetings, I wear layers, and then strip down as much as I can to get the lowest weight on their scales. I would still go by your Wednesday weigh-in, though, since you do it in the morning (and you don't have to have the clothing weight!) Congrats on the loss - and for attending your first WW meeting!

DaenelT said...

Mendie, I'm glad your WW meeting went well. Keep up the good work.

Karena said...

Glad you enjoyed the meeting, and congrats on the loss! I vote for AM, in the buff, as well!

Christie O. said...

I'm so so so so happy for you joining WW!! I SO LOVED IT! I wish I were not poor right now and could do it! LOL now tell everyone in your meeting about the Sisterhood.

Congrats on your weightloss, every lil bit counts, that's what I always say!! XO

Laura P. said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the WW meeting. Also congrats on the loss.

Mommy Mo said...

I'm with everyone else, keep with the Wed weigh-ins in the buff : ).

JamieSkinnyPants said...

Way to go!

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

I miss the social part of WW meetings. I had a good experience with the meetings. Hope you do too! :)

Bari said...

I'm glad your meeting went well-I knew you'd like it :) Congrats also on your loss. I'm with the gals that say to use your Wed au-naturale numbers since that's what you've been reporting here all along.

Sue said...

Awesome! I would post your numbers the way you listed- since you started with the wed am numbers it will be more consistent that way.

Heather D said...

Great job! I used to really get a lot of benefit out of meetings. Maybe I should do that again instead of online - there's something to be said about the in person accountability!

*Lissa* said...

Way to go, girl!! Glad you like the meetings!

AnnG said...

Good job on the loss!!

LaughingLady said...

Your attitude is awesome ~ keep up the great work!! Glad to hear you had a great time at WW! If you've got a good leader, that can be an incredibly successful program.

Stillmary said...

I love following your journey and your progress. You are an inspiration. I've heard of great break throughs resulting from attending meetings as opposed to online WW and I'm glad to hear your first meeting was a positive one.

Post a Comment