January 19, 2010

14
True Confessions Tuesday

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans True Confessions

 Time to open our hearts and share at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans.


1) I had a meltdown on Saturday, like the snot coming out of your nose crying meltdown. You know, the one where you are crying and then you just cry harder because of how hard you are crying. And then when you try to explain why you are crying, you just feel even more upset and cry some more. Anyone? No….just me, ok then…nevermind.

2) I have been counting my points, getting my water in and exercising regularly the past week, even working out Friday evening. Kind of frustrated that the scale really hasn’t budged since last WI…but trying not to let it get me down, I know I’m doing the right stuff.

3) Emma must have hurt herself again, after babying her all weekend, she was doing better and then yesterday started slowing down again.

4) CONFESSION: I skipped my workout last night after getting home and finding out Emma wasn’t feeling good again. Feel bad about it and can’t wait to exercise after my meeting tonight before Biggest Loser comes on!

5) What meeting you ask? I am officially starting Weight Watchers tonight…my first meeting is at 6:30! Got my passes I won in the 12 Days of Christmas giveaway here at Shrinking Jeans and can’t wait to get started.

6) CONFESSION: I am so nervous about being judged at the meeting tonight. I have only gone to one open house before and got the “What are you doing here” look…like I wasn’t big enough to be there. Do I need to lift up my shirt and actually show them my muffin-top spilling over my pants? Or wear a nametag with my BMI plastered on it? I’m praying that was just a rare occurrence and tonight I will be welcomed with open arms.

7) For the time being, for reasons that I am not ready to share, operation baby is on standby so to speak. I am really sad about this, but understand the reasons and know that whatever is meant to happen will happen. Looking to a higher power to help us along this journey.

Well now that you all know what an emotional week it has been, come share your thoughts and trials with the Sisters…we all are really good listeners!


14 comments:

Ashlee said...

do not worry about being at WW! people of all different sizes will be there. no one will judge. from what i've heard, WW is a great support group with zero judgement. i've been there with the meltdowns so many times. but, you pick yourself up, brush it off, and keep going because really, that's all you can do, right? get in a great workout tonight and you'll feel much better :)

jaime said...

definitely don't worry about the WW meeting. I am a lifetime member (notsomuch recently, but I did achieve it at one point) and I *only* had about 15 pounds to lose. No matter how much or little you need to lose, you shouldn't be made to feel bad about attending. With that, I hope you share how the first meeting goes :)

Brooke said...

*hugs* you only had one meltdown? lucky girl :P seriously though, i know how badly they suck. and i feel for ya. not to much or i might have another meltdown myself. 3 was plenty for me this weekend.

CraftGirlAlli said...

We've all had our meltdowns. It's part of life! And good job officially joining WW! I need to get back on that. I did my best when I was going to meetings and hearing other people talk about what has helped them on their journeys.

Stacie's Madness said...

ok. first, *hugs* we all melt down at some point.

WW= who are you there for???? yourself, right??? then who cares how others see you, or if THEY think you should be there. YOU ARE THERE FOR YOU and YOUR health. :) Besides, it's better they think you DON'T need to be there instead of thinking holy shit she's in the right place. Got me? LOL Hold your head HIGH, you are there for you and a much better you will happen! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Kim said...

OH you are SO not alone on the meltdowns! btdt but thought I was the only one LOL

good luck @ the meeting. I know that feeling well! hopefully they will be a supportive group & not so judgemental!!

Karena said...

So frustrating when you're doing all the right things and the scale simply ignores it. It will come, keep doing what you're doing!

Syl said...

that crying fest you speak of, been there done that and continue to do so!

Congrats on taking the step to join the meetings again, I say if you feel judged try another location, you should never feel that way or allow them to treat you like that. Remember you are paying THEM for the service :-)

Good luck and can't wait to hear how it goes!

Tricia said...

Hope you enjoy your meeting!

JamieSkinnyPants said...

Thanks for the confession and know that all us sisters are there for you and know that all us siseters have been there (breaking down)....I am sure it is a girl thing! Keep up the good work and it will all pay off! Even if the number on the scale doesn't go down, don't you feel better? look better? I am sure you do...Good luck at the meeting and hope it goes well!

Bari said...

Sounds like it was the week for meltdowns. to you. Enjoy your WW meeting-if you go to the same meeting time each week, you will start to get to know some of the other members and they will support you.

I'm sorry Operation Baby is on hold. I have a friend going through some really sad stuff right now and my heart aches for you girls who really want to have babies, and for whatever reasons, can't. I'll keep praying for you.

Bacardi Mama said...

I totally understand the meltdowns. I had a few of those myself. I had my own pity party last week and sometimes, I think you just have to go with it and then pick yourself up and get back on track. At least that is what I am telling myself. Hope you can do the same.

Tiffany said...

You are SOOO not alone in the crying meltdowns. I have been there on many occasions... Good for you for going to WW. I have had such great experiences with WW and hope that your "stares" were an isolated experience.

Thanks for your honesty!

audrey said...

Oh honey I totally know the meltdowns. I had a huge one last weekend. I hope you were welcomed at WW with open arms. hugs!

Post a Comment