January 12, 2010

10
True Confessions Tuesday

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans True Confessions

Let’s see…what has been weighing heavy on my heart and soul this week? Time to 'fess up for the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans.

1) I am feeling like I’m not really giving my hubby the attention he deserves, need to work on that. Guess sometimes I just get to comfortable and need to take a step back and work at trying to make him spontaneously happy.

2) We ordered pizza Friday night, and I am discovered that I love banana peppers. Don’t really know if that counts as a confession, but wanted to share it anyway.

3) I drank a full strength Mt Dew on Sunday, felt a migraine coming on sometimes caffeine helps.

4) I planned on working out Sunday night after dinner, but started sneezing a dozen times in a row repeatedly and felt achy, thought I needed to rest.  Think it was a good call, as I slept like a log and woke up with a sore throat Monday morning.

5) Emma hurt her leg on the ice Friday so we had to baby her all weekend, carrying her up and down the stairs and not letting her jump off the couch. It made me sad to think she’s getting older and will start having more aches and pains.

6) I’m proud of myself for finishing the No More Trouble Zones workout last night, even though I wanted to tell Jillian to surrender herself after making me do those horrible surrender reps (WTF!) (yeah, maybe someday I’ll incorporate weights above my head, but not now sister!)

7) I sampled one of the Pecan Crowns that came in the mail from my Shrinking Jeans friends last night…then I sampled another. Ruling: they are ah-mazing good.

8) I’m contemplating starting to drink coffee again. I am loving hot cocoa in the mornings and am counting the calories, but wonder if I’d be better off drinking coffee with SF creamer. Less calories but more caffeine…which is really better for my body?

Whew...that feels better!  Anything you need to get off your chest this week?  We have some great listeners over at the Sisterhood!  Come share!


10 comments:

CraftGirlAlli said...

It feels good to confess! And that's a good question, the calories or the caffeine?? Guess it depends on which one affects the body the most?

Ace said...

Good confessions! Here's 1 for me: I ate an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's yesterday. I felt horrible afterwards, physically and mentally. But I was still down 0.4 lbs this morning so now I'm not as mad at myself!

Brooke said...

the coffee call is a tough one. i've found that half and half is about the cleanest creamer (and it only has 40 calories for 2 tbsps). then again if you're trying to get off caffeine...did you know that chocolate has caffeine in it? when my doctor put me on a caffeine free diet she made me quit chocolate too.

jaime said...

I have all sorts of things to get off my chest, but I think I'd have to set my blog to private or start blogging as anonymous :)

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

I love banana peppers, too! When I go to Subway, I get them on my sandwich, and YUM!!!

Not sure what to say about the coffee. I'm a coffee drinker, and don't think I'd want to give it up. I do agree with Brooke on the 1/2 and 1/2. I buy the fat free kind, and I also like the flavored Splenda packs for a little zing :)

AnnG said...

I haven't tried Jillian's No More Trouble Zones -- I'm kind of afraid! I have Sooooo many trouble zones, that it would probably feel like torture to me! WTG on getting it done even without weights!

Christie O. said...

i am a die hard skim milk and sugar coffee girl. when i really want to cut calories then a pink packet goes in there instead of sugar, but i try to cut down on added sugar and allow it to go in my coffee. great job finishing that workout!!

audrey said...

Those pecan crowns are awesome. I got mine yesterday, too.

I'm also with Jaime - I have so much to say (for real) that I'd have to start an anonymous blog. The entire family reads my current one. *sigh*

Melissa List said...

I got that Jillian DVD and the Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism. BOTH are butt kickers. :p

And banana peppers are amazing in salads, too. :)

Bacardi Mama said...

I'm with you on the Pecan Crowns. Got mine too and I sampled a few.

Post a Comment