December 31, 2009

5
Tonight let's party like it's 2009!



Wow...hard to believe that 2009 only has about 6 hours left...how is that even possible?  This year has been full of emotions.  Here are some of my highs and lows from the last year:
  • I lost 45 lbs
  • Then I gained about 15 lbs back
  • I struggled with my Mom's passing 
  • I had to help clean out Mom's house she shared with Grandma because she couldn't afford to live there alone.  I felt guilty for everything that I had to throw away or get rid of, but knew they would be better used by donating them to someone who needed them
  • I heard my biological clock ticking...and I realized I wanted to be a Mother
  • I came across a wonderful group of ladies at Shrinking Jeans...that often spoke of other ladies...who were linked to other ladies (you get the idea) that I have come to admire and relate to in so many ways...they are going thru many of the same things that I am, and if they are not, their life experiences make me smile and laugh and give me hope that there are still really genuine people out there...they just live in a different area code
  • I got a promotion at work
  • I was scared of working for an automotive supplier in this economy and tried to pinch pennies and be responsible
  • I started blogging on a regular basis, even joining up with You Capture and exposed myself to the entire internetz!
  • I started tweeting
  • I've had the most money in my checking account ever
  • I've been ashamed of how little I had let my checking account get down to
  • I started to run....almost 5 minutes at a time!  That may not sound like much but try it...it's harder than you think if you are not a runner
  • I finished my 1st 5K....not official but it still counts!
  • My cousin had a beautiful baby girl in August, another cousin announced she was due in April with a girl and another cousin just delivered a baby girl yesterday....thus making my biological clock tick even louder...and of course the clock has a pink background
  • My best friend had twins!  Of course they were beautiful baby girls!
  • I loved my husband more than ever as we celebrated our 5 year anniversary
  • I couldn't believe how annoyed I got at my husband sometimes
  • I made my first apron 
  • I cried more times than I can count
  • I felt loved and am blessed to have such a big wonderful family
I'm ready for 2010...a new year, heck a whole new decade!  I am going to reach my goal weight this year.  I hope to blessed with a baby this year.   I am going to stop and appreciate all of those people in my life that make it better this year.  I am going to do things just because I want to, because I deserve it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE...thanks for stopping by and reading my ramblings from time to time.  Your comments mean a lot to me.  I hope we can help each other thru all the highs and lows of 2010!


5 comments:

Ace said...

I'm ready for a new year and decade too!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

This post is SO inspiring. Happy New Year to you!

Steph

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

45lbs? Awesome girl! Here's to a great New Year! xoxo

T.J. said...

What a year for you! I wish you many more blessings and sweet surprises in 2110 :)

Christie O. said...

aww your post made me all teary eyed! 2009 brought you the joys and sorrows of a life filled with love. so many blessings to you for a wonderful 2010.

Post a Comment