November 24, 2009

3
Happy Birthday Grandma

Happy 77th Birthday Grandma!



Grandma kisses are the best!
 (Grandma and my cousin Matthew last year at the Light the Night walk)


You would read me books every single night....I think that is why I am so smart.


You would trace the outline of my face with your finger to help me fall asleep....I think that is why I am so happy.


You would  let me use the push button phone and the JCPenney catalog to play store...I think that is why I am went into Finance.


You would let me sleep in your bed when I was scared...I think that is why I feel safe.


You would get teary when we watched the homeless man steal a can of tuna on Highway to Heaven....I think that is why I am so compassionate.


You would chauffer me anywhere I wanted to go when I was a teenager...I think that is why I am a social butterfly.


You would stay up reading till I got home from the movies safe...I think that is why I worry.


You would let me eat mashed potatoes and corn for dinner if I wanted to...I think that is why I love vegetables.


You would praise me for making the honor roll...I think that is why I wanted to go to college. 



 You would do anything in the world for me...and I know that is why I am blessed to truly know the meaning of family.


Thank you Grandma for having 10 children...and for making me feel like the 11th!  You have created an amazing family that is filled with love, beauty, strength, compassion, and happiness. 


I hope today you can feel the love and the appreciation we all have for you.  I am so blessed to have you in my life...you give me strength every single day.


You have taught me how to love....and for that I am thankful!


3 comments:

Elaine A. said...

She is adorable and sounds like a wonderful woman.

Eleven kids - wow!!

Happy Birthday to her!

Brooke said...

happy birthday! :) aren't grandparents incredible?

Stillmary said...

What a beautiful, heartwarming tribute to your wonderful grandmother.

Post a Comment