November 15, 2009

6
Focus on the here and now...stop thinking about what-ifs

 Ugh, time for a confession post....this is gonna hurt...but the truth normally does.

I haven't been taking care of myself for the last few weeks.  I have been eating whatever I wanted basically and lounging more than normal.  I have been selfish and thinking that the stars were going to align for me and bless us with a pregnancy the very first month of being off birth control pills.

I have gotten away from tracking all my calories and measuring my foods, strayed from planning my meals and making sure I got all my water in, and haven't worked out 4-5 days a week in well over 3 weeks. 3 weeks!  I feel like I will have to start C25K all over again, I can't imagine running for 3 minutes at a time right now!

WTF!  How did I let myself get so far away from the plan?


I have changed my tracking to temps, opks and symptoms instead of calories, menus and pounds.  My spreadsheets were telling me different things about my body, but while I was doing this I slipped away from tracking what I was putting into my body and how my body was reacting to it.  It was such a part of my life, but somehow I strayed away from putting it all in writing.

And for me seeing it in writing, staring at me from my computer screen is what works for me.  I need to see how it all adds up, and just because I haven't been tracking it for the last few weeks doesn't mean it hasn't been adding up on my body.  And I can feel it.  Amazing how different I feel with 3 lbs added to my body that I know are made fully of fluff.  There's no new muscles to blame it on, no water retention, just fluff and sugar and fat...straight up.

So I am going to start tracking my food and exercise over here.  I'm not expecting anyone to follow it, but if you do happen to swing by, feel free to give me your thoughts on things that might be missing or ways to make better use of my calories.  I just need to see it in writing....to have something to look back at when the scale tells me something I wasn't expecting and say...oh yeah, that's why.

I am going to do this...because the better health I am in, the better place I will be if we are blessed with a pregnancy.  I owe it to myself to focus on me for the next few months and do all that I can to make myself healthy and happy.


6 comments:

Brooke said...

you can do this!! getting back into the swing of things is the hard part, today is a great place to start fresh (just like you said at the hood)

Sarah said...

Good Luck!!! You can do it! Tracking it sure does help.

Christie O. said...

have you thought about www.sparkpeople.com?? that was a godsend for me! i loved it! plus it kind of tracks for you so you don't have to do it!

anyhoo, good to get back on track after being off for a while, but don't worry, we all take breaks!!! don't beat yourself up, girl!

imadramamama said...

You'll get back to it, I know you will!

Heather D said...

You are SO fine, Mendie. Don't beat yourself up about having a few mellow weeks. Do what you need to do for you - be it following a plan, or straying for a bit.
Oh, and I remember the first month I was off birth control. I sobbed when I got a negative. But, it eventually happened.
And it will for you too! HUGS!!

Stillmary said...

Way to get back on track. I'm looking forward to following the pregnancy that I know is coming!

Post a Comment