October 11, 2009

9
Oh Golly Gee....for me?


Ace of If you Think Round if Funny, gifted me with an award last week. I just recently started sharing more about my "personal" non-weight loss life and thought it was fitting to have been nominated at this time. Thanks Ace!

You are supposed to pass this on to 10 of your bloggy friends and share 10 things people probably don't know about you.

OK, here are 10 things that you don't know about me:
1) I never met my birth father
2) My mother was the oldest of 10 kids so I grew up with lots of aunts and uncles
3) I am an only child
4) When I was younger, my favorite color was clear...what sense does that make?
5) My snow boots are a children's size 3, yet I wear size 6 Asics
6) I HATE horror movies
7) Sometimes I talk to myself in a high-pitched British accent while I'm cleaning
8) I love College Football, Ohio State the most, but will watch it all day long if there are good games on
9) I love Brussel sprouts
10) I was on the swim team in high school, breast stoke and 400IM relay

Without further ado, here are 10 of the honest bloggers I read and why I gifted this to them.

~April-Did that just Happen? I love seeing how she continues to grow more comfortable with who she is...and that she loves animals!

~Beth-I Should be Folding Laundry An awesome writer with an amazing way to capture emotion in her photography that makes you feel life

~Brooke-Smart + Strong=Sexy This one has a great head on her shoulders and is planning for her family's future while enjoying what everyday has to offer

~Christie-Baby Tea Laves I admire anyone who can complete several triathlons and also lets her son wear his batman mask to the store

~Elaine-Miss Elaine-ous Life Love when she stands up for her opinion on things, which i had more of that trait sometimes

~Heather-Mama Sass I admire her strength in opening her home and heart during her MIL cancer treatments

~Melissa-Whooo's that Girl I think this women is the real deal-loves her children and loves time with her family and friends, even when road bumps come up-she can find a way to deal with it (also an amazing photographer!)

~Sarah-A Mommy Elephant'a Everyday Adventures uber-cool momma who wants to be better for herself and her adorable son Max

~Steph-Adventures in BabyWearing Her words and simplistic photos make me smile and believe that there are still honestly goodhearted people out there

~Susan-Warm Chocolate Milk love her writing style and makes me think about what my thing will be that will make my children feel warm and fuzzy inside

Thanks again Ace! I love the fact that you are such an active part of your children's life and you crack me up with most of your posts!


9 comments:

*Lissa* said...

Thanks, Mendie! You made me smile!

You have some small feet there, girl! ;p I am totally giggling at the thought of you cleaning and talking to yourself with a British accent.

Christie O. said...

awww thank you!!

ok i laughed out loud when i read that bit about the accent too, you're killing me! (what kind of things do you say? are you talking to whatever you're cleaning? see? i wonder!)

i also love that your favorite color was "clear". hahahaha! cracking me up over here! congrats and thanks for sharing all that greatness and thanks for passing it on to little ol me!!

Ace said...

High pitched British accent absolutely cracked me up! That's hilarious!

Heather D said...

Thanks, darlin!

Nell said...

Interesting that your Mother was one of 10 and she only had 1. Speaks volumes ;) ha!

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

Awww thanks, and thanks for thinking I'm uber cool! Hehehe!!
I HATE horror too!! I can tolerate the old stuff, but all this new kind of horror like Saw is just too freaky and gross for me. I can't STAND it!! I made the mistake of watching The Hills Have Eyes because they had a prop from the store I use to work at, and I was seriously traumatized. Gross gross gross.

love said...

i love learning these kinds of facts about people! fun =)

Brooke said...

congrats!

and thanks. :)

i fell asleep before seeing if OSU pulled out the win over Wisconsin this weekend.

Elaine A. said...

Thank you so much Mendie! Sorry I am just now getting by to say so. And congrats to you on the award! : )

And thanks for introducing me to a few new blogs too!

Post a Comment