October 7, 2009

22
You Capture - RED

Photobucket

The color red.
It can represent so many different feelings. Love, Anger, Power and Pain just to name a few. Here are some red things that jumped out to me when Beth posted the new You Capture challenge for this week.

For the past 3 years in the middle of September, we have gone to a local fruit farm early in the morning to pick Honeycrisp Apples. If you haven't tried a honeycrisp apple, I highly recommend going to your local market and looking for one. They have become my all time fruit. All other apples pale in comparison to the Honeycrisp! So crisp and sweet with just a little bit of tart....my mouth is watering just thinking about them!

Our house is a HUGE Ohio State Buckeye house! We watch everygame on the big screen, occasionally will go tailgating or to a game and always looking for cool Ohio State stuff. This picture is one that we took at a game last year and did a little editing to enhance. I would love to get this picture blown up and put up in our theater room! This was taken on our way into the stadium.

What had you seeing red this week? Stop over and share with Beth and the You Capture challenge!


22 comments:

jaime said...

I love the stadium shot! The apple reminds me that we haven't tried picking our own apples, even though we've talked about it several times....great, great photos. :)

Brooke said...

i'm gonna have to send jay a link to your blog - that picture of the horseshoe is awesome! :)

Erin said...

Love the stadium shot! I work with a HUGE OSU fan.

FireMom said...

O-H! N-O! Sorry, sorry. I may live in Ohio but I'm a transplant. My husband, however, was born and raised here... and is still a Penn State fan. That was one of our first bonding things. We're going to see Penn State this weekend (because we can't afford the PSU/OSU game. HA!)

Lovely picture though! (I will admit that, unless OSU is playing PSU, I'm okay when they win. We don't *hate* them. So snap away!)

FireMom of Stop, Drop & Blog.

warmchocmilk said...

Great photos! You had some great ideas! :)

livinginagirlsworld said...

I'm not a football fan or an Ohio state fan, but I love that picture of the field.

Tina said...

Love the Ohio State picture. Too cool!

Prairie Lady said...

What fun! Great job!

Lorena Frith said...

I agree, the stadium photo is so nice! =) ... I like the apple, too! =)

Mamí♥Picture said...

Great Captures!
The stadium is an AWESOME shot and the red apple, YUM YUM!
Have a Lovely Day!
"Here is my RED" <--Hope u like =)

Stefany said...

Great captures!

Ashley said...

Wow! Great stadium pictures. I had rather it be GA bulldogs, though :)

melissa said...

Great job on the stadium!

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Just adore the stadium photo. That would make an awesome wall hanging!

Kathleen said...

Love that stadium shot! The editing really makes it, I think! Great job!

Cynthia@RunningWithLetters said...

Wonderful job on the football field! Wow! I don't follow football, but I LOVE baseball--inspires me to do something like that with a shot of my beloved New York Yankees :) You are so right about Honeycrisp apples, too. I was just introduced to them about two weeks ago. We've been through two boxes of them since. Thanks for stopping by over at my place today :)

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Great shots! Love apple picking and that stadium shot is fabulous!

Heather D said...

Love the apple. Looks delicious!

Bacardi Mama said...

That apple is perfect! Great job.

Sarah said...

You captured RED and FALL in this - apples and college football! Great pictures!

Krista said...

Gorgeous shots! Totally a feeling of fall.

Nell said...

Beautiful and OH SO vibrant!

Nell

Post a Comment