September 24, 2009

22
You Capture - HAPPINESS

Photobucket

There are just some things in life that make you happy and make you smile just because. You Capture challenge for this week was to try and capture some of that happiness. Here are a few things that made me smile this week.

I went to the Toledo Zoo last week and saw this flower on a tree in one of the gardens. It was so simple yet so complicated...and breathtakingly beautiful.


Something that I see everyday that makes me smile is Emma, our 6 year old dachshund. I love how she sneaks under any blanket laying around...but not completely!

Sometimes she wants her but left uncovered.


Sometimes she leaves just her nose out.

This is a face that brings me happiness every single day. I love her so much and I am blessed to have been her mommy for her whole life. She makes me feel like I will be a good real-life mommy when the time comes.


What happiness did you capture this week? Come over and share with Beth and her happy capturing crew!


22 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

the flower is beautiful - do you cover the pooch up? She likes it?

~Mendie~ said...

Nope...she crawls in there herself when she feels little chilled! It's funny!

Kathleen said...

Emma looks like she has LOTS of personality...even when she's napping!

Lorena Frith said...

Being warm and cozy is happiness. =)

warmchocmilk said...

Cute puppy co compfy... Good capture!

Yelena R. said...

Beautiful shot of the flower and the puppy is so cute :)

Krista said...

Nothing says happiness better than a weiner!

Brooke said...

lol @ the butt out picture. too funny.

Amy said...

Great photos! Love the doggie.

Kathleen said...

So this has nothing to do with You Capture, but I was just reading your profile (no, not in a stalker-ish way!). Just go for the baby...if you wait until you've figured yourself out, the baby will never happen. PLUS the baby is a big help in figuring yourself out--though not always for the better. I found out just how impatient and selfish I am when I had kids. Working on that... :0) I know you didn't ask...

Elaine A. said...

My Mom's dog used to do the same thing. So sweet.

Love the shot of the flowers - great color!

Heather said...

love the tree in that first shot. I have never seen one like that.

Brooke said...

ryc: i think kingston is on the other side of knoxville from here. its a little over an hour, but we're both considered east tennessee and its beautiful here!

The Legers said...

so cute!

Ace said...

What a sweet little face sticking out from under that blanket!

Maricris said...

Aw she looks real cute!

Nell said...

awwwww - squeal, i love your pup! What happiness indeed.

Nell

Corrin said...

Your Emma looks just like our Oliver!

Jenny said...

I have never seen a flower like that before...it's amazing! And Emma is just too cute for words =)

Saj said...

What a beautiful flower! And love the shots of Emma. What a cutie!

Prairie Lady said...

Love that flower. It's like a momosa tree flower on steriods.

Cute pup. Thanks for sharing.

Furry Bottoms said...

My two dogs bring me so much happiness too. Sometimes when I am driving home from work, I picture their wagging tails and tongues sticking out and their bodies quivering with excitement when I walk in the door. That makes me want to get home all the more sooner!

Post a Comment