September 26, 2009

5
Some zoo animals are soo cute!

Last weekend I went and met my friend Lauren from Chicago in Toledo while she was in town for a family wedding. We decided to spend the day at the Toledo Zoo. Here are a few of my favorites shots from that day.

The first animals we saw were these 2 sloth bears....they were so cute (except for the nasty thick claws poking out from their furry feet)! They kinda reminded me of black Saint Bernard's!
One kept coming up to the glass and saying hello.

He would just sit there with his nose pressed against the windowsill...kinda like...'let me out please let me out!'

This could have been a scene right out of Meerkat Manor. This older fellow just sat up top and watched over the other ones. So honorable.

I would have to say the aquarium was one of my favorites! Have you ever seen polka-dot stingrays? Me neither...they were awesome! Designer stingrays-very cool!

And I just liked this little guys nose...seemed like something from a cartoon!

These 2 gorillas were hilarious! They definitely had personalities...that were very different. The first guy was the macho I'm king of the castle type of personality.

While the second one was the laid back chill gorilla...kinda the Matthew McConaughey of the ape kingdom.


It was a fun trip, I haven't been to any zoo since I was probably 14 years old! I do want to go to the Columbus Zoo soon...it is on of the best in the country and less then an hour away. If only I could talk the hubs into going with me. Oh well we might have to wait till we have a little one to take...at least that's an excuse to go!


5 comments:

*Lissa* said...

Great photos, Mendie!! The hubster and I learned some interesting facts on gorillas last year while we were on a private tour of the Wild Animal Park... probably learned a little TOO much! ;p

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

I love the zoo! Great photos! I've never seen a poka dot stingray! I have gotten stung by one when I was 17 and surfed. Still have the scar from it too!!

Nell said...

Those are all very cute little animals! The zoo is still such a magical place.

Nell

Brooke said...

my hubs parents live in dublin, and they keep wanting to take me to the zoo over Christmas but it just hasn't worked out yet. i didn't know you were so close to columbus!

Jennifer said...

Great pictures!

Post a Comment