September 16, 2009

9
Weigh-in Wednesday

Shrink for Good with the Sisterhood!

Time to weigh in with my sisters over at Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans....how did you do?

I am happy to say I am down .6 this week, which wipes out my gain from last week and puts me back to my starting weight for the challenge! Fresh start…now hope to lose another few pounds before the challenge ends and get closer to my goal.

Confession: I haven’t done the C25K program this week. Actually my last run was on 9/4 so it’s pushing 2 weeks! I’ve fallen into a slump and I am fighting to pull myself out of it. I know I feel better when I exercise regularly, including mentally and emotionally stronger for sticking with it and accomplishing things I thought I would never do. I just need to start up again….and I know this. Why is it so hard flipping hard to get started once you slip away even if it’s just for a few days?



9 comments:

Christie O. said...

it REALLY IS hard to start up again once you stop! it's crazy!!! i really do hate that. i think newton's law (is it newton?) applies to us too, that whole objects in motion thing. i'm not sure. anyhoo, i grab a cup of coffee and throw on my gym clothes. some of my best workouts are the ones i had no intention on ever doing. sometimes though, our bodies tell us to take a rest too, so listen to your body! great job on the loss, man! that's awesome!!! i wish we lived closer, i'd run with you! i need a running partner!

Jessica said...

I haven't really worked out in over a month. I had fallen into a slump and it was a deep one. I was still losing at the beginning of the slump because I was watching what I was eating. Then that kind of fell apart too and I started to gain.

This morning was my first shred in over a month and it kicked my butt. ;) Hopefully I'll be getting my butt kicked again tomorrow morning.

Stacie's Madness said...

good luck!
I need to get back to my weight watcher meetings before I get out of control again!

Heather D said...

Girl, good job!
And I have taken a week off the c25k in the past. Just hop back on, you'll be surprised how quickly you're back into it!

Mommy Mo said...

Go put your exercise clothes on, walk out your door AND RUN. I know it's so hard to get started again but you can do this. Everyone needs a push here or there and I am taking it upon myself to give you that little nudge your need, or SHOVE, if you like!

Lisa/Shrinking Jeans

LaughingLady said...

It's terribly hard to re-carve the "good habit groove," but think how good you'll feel about yourself once you do! Look ahead rather to how you'll feel AFTER the run instead of focusing on how tough it is to motivate yourself. Like the old "Particpaction" commercials used to say, "Don't just think about it ~ do it, do it, DO IT!!" (that might be a Canadian thing, come to think of it, but the message works anyway!!)

Brooke said...

i played that game this weekend. i was exhausted so i didn't run, then i was depressed so i didn't run. blah blah blah.

like valley girl said, you've just gotta tell yourself you're going to then follow through.

Andrea said...

That's why I didn't let myself give even one single excuse throughout that program. I knew that if I started giving excuses, it would be almost impossible to stop.

Hang in there -- YOU CAN DO IT!!

Char said...

Congrats on your weight loss!

Post a Comment