September 9, 2009

8
Weigh-in Wednesday

Shrink for Good with the Sisterhood!


Weigh-in time already over at Shrinking Jeans….ugh. Not looking forward to this one ladies. Have been good at getting 3 days a week of C25K in, feeling ok with Level 4, gonna stick with it for another week until I can do the whole thing a few times before moving on.

Stepped on the scale this morning to see 147.2, which is up .6 from last week. Not surprising considering my weekend menu consisted of lots of Bud Light, taco dip, oriental slaw salad, shredded chicken sandwiches, Chunky Monkey Banana Cream pie (OMG this was amazing-thanks Jade for sharing!!!) and a cookout on Monday with burger, baked beans and cheesy potatoes! Gee…wonder why I didn’t lose this week! No brainer folks.

I’m back and forth between how I really feel about this weigh-in. One one side, I’m proud of myself for having a good time and not worrying about the scale while enjoying good times with family and friends. Sure I could have not had the pie….but I made the pie and wanted a piece. Homemade pie is the best! On the other side, I need to more determined to reaching my goal in the next few months so I can be where I want when we start TTC.

So no contribution to the Lose Good campaign this week…I have some hominy just waiting to be photographed…hope next week it will make it’s debut!


8 comments:

*Lissa* said...

At least you are being honest about why you didn't lose!! I succumbed to the beer calling my name all weekend too, but am going to try and tell it to "shut up" this weekend. ;p

Brooke said...

holidays are hard - at least you didn't blow it this week :)

LaughingLady said...

I never consider anything under a pound a gain, especially if there was abnormal eating going on! I mean, it's there on the scale and my little spreadsheet chart, but I never THINK of it as a gain ~ rather maintaining through unforeseen circumstances. We all have weekends like that and generally, if we go back to eating and exercising the way we were before the weekend, anything under a pound usually comes off fairly quickly.

Keep up the great work with the C25K!! Hey, just throw in an extra run this week and there goes your .6 lb!

Heather D said...

Okay, don't slap me for saying this, but I think that food you talked about was worth the .6. Chunky Monkey Banana Cream Pie? YUM.
Just get back on track this week and it will FALL off.Promise!

Christie O. said...

seriously, up a half pound (not even, really) is no big deal and not even worth fretting over. it's only because we have to weigh in every week to log progress, but really it will probably be gone tomorrow anyway! just hop back on, baby! sounds like you had a great weekend, you should allow yourself indulgences now and then! way to go on c25k!!!

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

My personal opinion is that we shouldn't feel bad for enjoying the holidays with family. It's only what a dozen times a year? Life is too short, it's when we are indulging most of the time. So no worries, no regrets, no more holidays for a while right?!

april said...

No worries. I'd consider the weekend a success. For real.

imadramamama said...

I can't wait to see that can of hominy. : )

You can do it!

Post a Comment