September 2, 2009

8
Weigh-in Wednesday

Shrink for Good with the Sisterhood!

Wednesday already? Wow this week is flying by! Time for the first weigh-in of Shrink for Good challenge over at The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans. This is our version of the Lose for Good campaign that WeightWatchers is doing now.

The scale hasn't budged since Sunday, which I guess is better then it going up. Hope to see a loss next week. Started week 4 of C25K, which if you recall reading this then you'll know it was a challenge in itself.

I did have a non-scale victory this morning that I wanted to share with my sisters. I laid out 2 pairs of black dress pants last night for work. One of them is a nice tailored pair (size 12) that I got when I first interviewed for my job, almost 4 years ago. Wore them on the interview and a few times right after I started, then they "somehow" started to get tighter and tighter until I had to stop wearing them because they were basically cutting a ridge in my stomach from being too tight. I tried them on a few months ago and I could get them up but not buttoned. So I thought might as well try them again, maybe it'll be a little closer this time.

So I got ready this morning and picked up the new pants...and was shocked to find myself buttoning them up with no problem! I almost got a little teary and was like...yeah-that rocks! No wonder my other dress pants make me look like a slob, they are a size 16! That's 2 sizes too big apparently! After not seeing the scale move at all, that was the boost I needed to keep my head held high today. So here I sit, eating my lunch and wearing my little black pants and feeling good about sticking to a healthy lifestyle. Nobody said it was easy, but it is soo worth it at times like these!!!


8 comments:

Lucid said...

Congratulations, that's awesome!

biz319 said...

No matter what the scale says - that is a total victory!

I weighed in at night when I submitted, so I show a loss of -1.4 - but I am not chalking it up to anything other than weighing in the morning! :D

Brooke said...

the number on the scale isn't the point, just the compass to help us get going in the right direction.

smaller pants are completely the point!!! way to go!!! :)

Heather D said...

I LOVE IT! Hooray for fitting into old pants!

Bari said...

Great job-how our clothes fit is usually a much better indicator of our fitness, especially since muscle weighs more than fat, but takes up less space. The scale may not be moving much, but you are getting smaller since you are replacing fat with muscle!

april said...

Yay!! That's awesome!

Similar thing happened to me trying on pants. I grabbed a 12 thinking, that I hadn't lost that much since I bought a 14 from the same store, tried them on, they fell down. They didn't have a 10, so I cautiously tried an 8 and they were a perfect fit! I was thrilled!

Congrats!!

Christie O. said...

SA-WEET!!! seriously that's awesome. ya know, i don't care what people say, sometimes i just didn't see the scale moved but my pants never lied to me. it was just the way it was. so GOOD FOR YOU!! A HUGE non-scale victory today! woot!

Andrea said...

WHOO-HOO!! I love victories like that. It gives motivation when the scale isn't moving the way you think it should. Way to go!!

Post a Comment