September 1, 2009

2
I think I threw up in my mouth a little...

...yeah you read that right. And it's not funny, so please stop laughing. OK...it is a little. Proceed with the giggling.

After my night of feasting and not doing anything athletic besides housework and trimming the lillies this weekend, I started level 4 of C25K last night. Was soo scared...have heard and read about people saying that was a big jump and it often had to be repeated and done for 2 weeks to get comfortable with it. And now I know I had absolutely every right to be scared! Holy crap....that was tough!

The "plan" for yesterdays run was as follows in minutes:
Walk 5 , Run 3, Walk 1.5, Run 5, Walk 2.5, Run 3, Walk 1.5, Run 5
Total of about 2 miles

Sounds tough but simple enough right? I've been running for almost 4 weeks now, I should be able to step it up and finish this right? Yeah not so much...had to alter it a bit, ok a lot.
Well, here's how my run went:
Walk 5 , Run 3, Walk 1.5, Run 4.75, Walk 2.5, Run 2, Walk 1.5, Walk 8
Total of about 1.5 miles

I pushed myself thru the first 5 minutes almost making it the whole way....kept saying do it for The Sisters! (really I did!) Then started to feel the saliva building in my mouth and said to myself...self you'd better walk the rest of the way. Thought I don't want to push myself and then not be able to finish. So I walked, then when it was time to do the next 3 minutes, I again started to feel the juices flowing and thought screw this...I'm walking the rest of the way. So I ended up walking the last 1/4 mile back to the house.

I kinda felt like I wussed out, but that quickly passed. I need to do this at my own pace. The biggest part is that I am doing it. I tried it and it didn't work right away so I made adjustments to pull the most out of me that I could last night. The next time will be better and the next after that hopefully better. The point is that I burned 208 calories according to my HRM (which I love by the way and am sooo happy with), sweated tons and worked out for 26 minutes. That's moving in the right direction-even if it's 30 seconds more at a time!


2 comments:

Brooke said...

as long as you're pushing yourself, that's all that matters. the training program is just a guide. good job!! :)

Christie O. said...

you did great! there were times i had to slow down and/or repeat too, those longer runs really kicked my ass. and oh yes, plenty of times when i almost threw up, including in the last week when there are no walks. however, the more you do it, the more comfortable you get, it is all about consistency. you will, i swear you will, feel like you can run without stopping at some point when this is all over!!! congrats on where you are now, girl!!

Post a Comment