September 21, 2009

3
Let's Get it Started!

What a better way to get myself moving down the road to my goal then to get back to a regular exercise routine. So I got up this morning and started The 30 Day Shred...for the second time.

Just a few things that I noticed that are different from the first time I shredded.

1) I can now finish each of cardio sessions without stopping (a very good thing...thanks C25K)
2) My knees are cracking a little bit more then the first time I did the Shred (not a good thing...possibly due to impact from C25K?)
3) I feel my heiney giggle much more on the butt kicks then I remember (WTF-thought it was getting smaller?)
4) I'm not as discouraged as I was before, probably because I know the benefits that I will start to see in a few weeks

I did forget to wear my HRM this morning so I have no idea how many calories I burned but I am thinking it was probably as much as walking a mile so I gave myself 1oo calories for it. Ended the day at about 1300 calories. Got 2 liters of water in and am finishing another big cup before calling it a day.

So starting today...my weight and eating is something that I am back in control of. I am not giving up on myself...there is too much at risk and too much that I want to do with my life which includes starting a family, and I will not stand aside and let another day pass me by while I continue to be unhappy with my actions.

I WANT TO FEEL BETTER...LOOKING BETTER IS JUST A NICE SIDE-EFFECT!


3 comments:

Brooke said...

good for you! :)

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Excellent job! I think just telling yourself, "I will get control over this part of my life" is such an important first step. And even better that you are doing something about it!

Congrats!

jaime said...

Excellent, excellent job :) I, too, am trying to get back in control of my exercising and eating.

I just wish I hated cake, and brownies, and anything with carbs.

Post a Comment