August 16, 2009

2
Farewell coffee...I must say goodbye

Dear Cup o' Joe,

It is time for me to say goodbye. I appreciate the boost you have given me in the mornings as I try to prepare for the busy workdays. I love having a few cups of you on a Sunday morning as I catch up on blogs and local news. But you are a sneaky little guy and although you appear to be all of these wonderful things, the real you has come to light as I continue to focus on what I put into my body.

You really aren't that good for me are you? If I am going to try to get pregnant this fall, I can't have the extra caffeine running thru my veins. My heart rate doesn't need to be faster just because of stimulants, starting to run has it going fast enough on its own. The real you is too strong for me so I must tame your wild ways with sugar free vanilla creamer, which I use a lot of...so is it really you that I am in love with or just the way you make me feel? I think we both know the answer to that.

There are plenty of other yummy filling things that I can use those 150 calories on instead of creamer. Maybe a slice of toast and pb will give me the protein boost I need in the mornings. Or I could enjoy a cup of orange juice and get some vitamin C to help fend off any bug that maybe going around.

Today I drank my last cup of coffee. So farewell old friend, please don't take this the wrong way, but I need to start the next leg of my journey without you. I thank you for being there when I needed you and I might occasionally swing by for a visit, but you are not going to be a daily staple anymore. I am proud to say it's not you...it's me!


2 comments:

Brooke said...

good luck!!!

LaughingLady said...

Oooo, good luck with that! I'm not sure I could do it. I need that warm cuppa SOMETHIN' first thing in the morning!!

Post a Comment