October 2, 2012

1
Grace's first haircut

Grace got her first haircut today!
We waited a while because while her hair has started thickening up a bit, its not that long. But its started to grow and get in her eyes and hang over her ears so that makes her constantly have to flick it away. It was time.

We were a bit nervous, because anyone who know Grace knows that she isn't one to sit still very long. She has grown a very independent bone and wants things to be done her way or there will be screaming and whining. So we armed ourselves with toys, snacks and fruit pouches and prepared to head to the salon.

We went to my aunts salon and my aunt propped up the little booster seat and we attempted to get her sit in the big girl chair. I thought well we will try....then I will probably have to sit down and have her sit on my lap.

So we sat her down and got the cape on her.
She was a little concerned but quickly diverted her interest to a comb my aunt gave her.
Look how big my baby looks sitting all up in the salon chair!
So my aunt started snipping away. My baby is getting a haircut!
She quickly she lost interest in the comb. So we switched to the fruit pouch.
Bam! We had a few extra minutes!
Turns out that it was a banana squash pouch and she wasn't a fan of it, so it didn't last too long. So onto the next distraction....hairclips! I'm so thankful my aunt is a stylist, I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to cut Gracie's first hairs!
Soon after, she discovered the mirror in front of her and kept looking and smiling at the woman sitting behind her getting her hair down.
I love watching her watch herself. She is so interested in seeing her reactions right now.
This one makes my heart melt.
So the fun continued and her little hairs were dropping to the floor. Great Grandma went with us and she loved watching Grace sit there like a good girl. I love having this picture of her smiling in the background. That little girl lights up her world like I can't even explain. I think is loving her for my mom and her both!
We did have a few minutes that were borderline throw a fit, but I gave her some cherrios and she was good to go for a few more minutes.
Cherrios make everything better...am I right Moms?
All in all it was a great experience! I was so proud of her for sititng in the chair by herself the whole time! We were almost done when my husband said, aren't you going to keep some of her hair? I almost forgot....I was so busy trying to keep her from freaking out that I didn't even think of catching her first locks! So my aunt quickly lifted up and trimmed a few more strands for us to keep. Now I have a momento for her baby box from her first haircut! I know its the first of many! 

I am thinking about getting this one framed and putting it in her room.
Her feet were constantly going while she was getting her trim. Her little chucks are too cute!





1 comments:

jaime said...

I love this! Lucas will NOT sit still, so we often have to cut his hair in the morning, while he's in his high chair (or in his exersaucer. We can keep him contained there.) Combs are his favorite diversion.

Post a Comment