October 4, 2011

4
The journey began one year ago

One year ago today, after stopping to visit my aunt in the hospital and taking her some apple crisp, I stopped and bought some pregnancy tests.

Anyone who has tried to use the cheap internet test strips to see if you are pregnant knows how hard it is to tell if there are two lines or if the one line is darker than the other one. So I decided to get one pack of the regular lined ones and one pack of the digital ones that would give me a straight answer...none of this fuzzy maybe you are maybe you aren't stuff.

I got home, went into the bathroom, did my thing....and waited. It seemed like those five minutes took fifty. But then I looked down at the stick and saw the word I had been dying to see for so long.

PREGNANT.

I called for my husband to come in, and started shaking my head and smiling and crying and said...we are going to have a baby! We hugged and let out some deep sighs and hugged some more.
It was amazing to know we were getting ready to start an amazing journey.
Then the next day I tested with some different brands, just to make sure it was real.
Yep....they all were saying the same thing...we were going to have a baby!

So last year at this time I was looking at this.....
and now I am amazed to look at this.....

I am so blessed and thankful for those little sticks for giving me some of the best news I have ever received! The fact that my little girl had begun to grow inside of me.
And that our lives were about to change in remarkable amazing ways.


4 comments:

Karena said...

What a face! Love it !

Mendie, I'm so happy you got to be a Mama. You're going to be a great one!

Kirsten said...

She's beautiful. What an amazing journey motherhood is.

*Lissa* said...

She is just the cutest.

jaime said...

SO adorable!! :)

Post a Comment