January 5, 2011

5
Pregnancy Hormones-Take 1

So I've gotten to the emotional stage of being pregnant. I am crying at just about anything lately. Let's see what are some of the big things it has been this week. And remember it's only Wednesday morning.

On Sunday, my husband was vacuuming downstairs and I walked down to ask him a question. He stopped for a minute and went upstairs to empty the canister.  I looked over and saw a huge wet spot on the floor. Ellie had peed on the floor! She has never done that since we got her! She's great about coming to us and telling us she wants to go out. Its been great. But now this? At first I thought maybe he had spilled something, but nope...it wasn't.  Bad Ellie!

So he continued to clean it up and then brought her downstairs to scold her and tell her it was bad and not to do it again, then sent her upstairs to her crate. She was being punished. Understandable.  So she stayed there the rest of the afternoon, only getting out to use the potty and to eat and drink. I knew it was the right thing to do, she couldn't be peeing on the floor. So then just before I was getting ready to go to bed, he let her out and she came back in and sat on her pillow by the crate. With THE SADDEST puppy eyes you have ever seen. You could tell she knew she had done wrong. I said are you going to let her out and give her some attention for a bit before bed, he said yes, she knows she did something wrong. I looked over to her and started tearing up.

My husband asked what was wrong and I just broke down and said...these pregnancy hormones!  I just got overwhelmed with the fact that she hadn't had love for so long when she was in the pound and now she knew what love was, and I didn't want her to feel like that love had been taken away. It literally was breaking my heart.  So I cried a little bit and he hugged me while kinda gently chuckling reassuring me know she still knew that we loved her.

So Monday night we were watching a movie, Date Night and I was laying on the couch with my hands on my tummy like I so frequently do these days.  I took some deep breathes and thought I felt something twitch. I waited a few minutes, placed my two thumbs ever so lightly below my belly button....and I felt it again! It was almost like when you run your finger down the palm of your hand...except from the inside of my belly.  I called for my husband to come over to see if he could feel it, but he couldn't. Not yet. But just seeing him with his hands on my bump warmed my heart. It made me teary to think that in a few weeks hopefully he will be able to feel it too, even stronger as our little bean continues to grow!

Last night was the Sugar Bowl and the Ohio State Buckeyes BARELY kept the substantial lead that they had in the first half to beat the Arkansas Razorbacks 31-26. First time we have beat an SEC team in a bowl game in recent history, if not ever. It was a nail biter to the very end. How can a football game bring emotions? Well first it was the National Anthem, that does it to me everytime. Then the story about one of the Arkansas seniors who came whose mother had him to point to a map when she decided to leave his abusive father. Then after we won and seeing the joy in some of the seniors faces and knowing that a few of them are about to embark on something that they have been dreaming of since they were in peewee football....it made me teary ok. I admit it. (Good Luck in the NFL Hayward and Sanzenbacher!).

That brings up to today. This morning on my way into work, they had Ted the Homeless Man on the radio station I was listening to. I heard them mention him briefly yesterday. It always makes me sad to think about people without homes and being alone, especially in the Ohio winters. A local paper heard about this homeless man off a local highway, who was carrying a sign saying that he had a god given gift-his voice. So they went over to see what all the fuss was about.  They played a clip and he honestly sounded like a cross between Tony the Tiger and James Earle Jones. This video of Ted has since gone viral. It even made the Yahoo front page today! A clip of the video can be found here .  He does have a gift! 

So the local station was like, I wonder if we can get him to come in and maybe give him work for a day to get him some cash. Anyway, there were tons of calls and emails coming in for him since they announced he was going to be in the station today. And he was on the air today when I got in my car doing his interview. Some people were calling in wanting to congratulate him on his 2 years of sobriety, some to offer work, others to just say they were proud of him for not giving up and others just saying he really did have a gift! There were 2 calls alone on my short drive in from an MTV show that wanted to fly him out to do voiceovers and another from 2 well known announcers (one lady does the "You're watching Entertainment Tonight" voiceover and another guy who does the "Watch the Simpsons at 8:30 on FOX" who wanted to have him interview for a show they were doing. And I guess there were calls from all over the world coming in that wanted a piece of that voice!

I guess it just made me feel good to know that there are people who still are willing to help people.  He didn't want anything for free, he was willing to work for it. He admitted he made mistakes but has been trying to do the right thing and get back on track.  You could hear in his voice, the emotion of gratefulness that he felt this morning with every caller. He had been standing on that ramp for a year now, and he said that he knew that God would help lead him to his answer. It was genuine and touching and made me cry.

So let's hope today I don't break into tears for what seems like no reason. But if I do, its ok because I am so thankful to be feeling all kinds of pregnancy symptoms! Stay tuned tomorrow....BUMP Update!




5 comments:

Bari said...

Awe, I remember those hormones. Now I just cry because I have teenagers! Seriously, though, if a Hallmark commercial comes on, RUN from the room. Those just about did me in.

Can't wait for the bump update! So cool you got to feel the bean flutter this week!

jaime said...

Can't wait for tomorrow's update!! :)

Brooke said...

i heard that homeless guy on the radio. hopefully good stuff will come out of all this publicity.

Mommy Mo said...

You made me teary with that last story!

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

I have news for you... you'll be crying after you have the baby too. M is almost two, and I randomly cry at commercials or songs. I never used to cry at stuff like that.

Also the homeless guy was on our news tonight too, and he said a little something for the channel. His voice is amazing, and after I was done hearing the story I said out loud "good for him". Man he has some amazing offers. It's great he is getting a second chance even with his history. :)

Post a Comment