September 16, 2010

16
You Capture-Hidden Happiness

Sometimes happiness can be hidden, but its there if you just look for it.

A bright dewey red honeycrisp.  We picked over 50 lbs of apples from our local orchard last weekend.
We have done this for the past 3 years, its a tradition we hope to carry on for years to come.

One of the final blooms of summer poking its head out amidst the garden vegetables.
The only kind of petunias I like are the striped ones.

Grandma's smile always makes me happy....see that twinkle in her eyes?
That twinkle makes me believe everything is going to be ok.


Where did you find happiness this week?
Stop over and share with Beth at I Should be Folding Laundry.


16 comments:

Midwest Mommy said...

50 lbs? Wow, how long does it take for you to use all of those?

jaime said...

I love the details in the first photo. And your grandma is so sweet. :)

Kirsten said...

Love all of these pictures. The twinkle? The best.

Furry Bottoms said...

That twinkle is just so touching :) And honey crisps? MY FAVORITE APPLE! I won't eat any other kind anymore, since I tasted my first honey crisp.

ToadMama said...

The apple is really cool! But Grandma's smile melts my heart.

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Apple picking sounds like so much fun! And that is a sweet photo of your Grandma!

Laura said...

We're going apple picking this weekend and your picture just made me UBER excited about it all over again.

Elaine A. said...

I like the first one alot - because it shows your skill.

But the shot of your Grandma is SO beatuiful. Wow.

Bec said...

Mmmmmmmm Honeycrisp apples. Nothing better!

Jen said...

Beautiful shot of the apple.

Megryansmom said...

That's a lot of apples!

Susan said...

Great droplets shot in the first photo and great reds. (I always seem to have a problem with red in photos.)

Your grandma looks like a sweetheart!

Stillmary said...

Great pictures, Mendie. My favorite has to be that beautiful crispy looking, fresh apple! Awesome!

Krystal said...

oh I agree with Bec, those are my fav. apples!! Great shots

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I love the apple shot. There's something about macro shots that is magical. I think it's because the camera captures a close up beauty that we don't see with our human eye.

Grandma's shot is sweet too. :)

Deanna said...

Stopping by to say Hi, and love that twinkle...

Post a Comment