September 15, 2010

15
Weigh-In Wednesday (Shrinkvivor Style)

It’s weigh in day! Also known as It’s time for me to get my chunky butt in gear and start focusing on myself and losing weight again. The last month has not been a good one on the scale and I can really tell my clothes are getting tighter and I’m more sluggish then I have been in a while.
When I stepped on the scale last week, I was higher then I was at the start of this year. Wow that was a slap in the face….even though I was running more then I ever have, I weighed more and was visibly fluffier. I vowed to stop it right then and there and not let me continue slipping back to being the heaviest I have ever been.

This week I am down 2.5 lbs. High Five!

Granted I’m still almost 25 lbs lower then my heaviest, which I am proud of. BUT…I’m up almost 25 lbs from where I was at this time last year. WTF? I didn’t really think it was that bad, looking at it go up a lb then down half then up another two lbs and down one. But I looked back into my old WI posts and it was staring me right in the face. How did that happen? How did I let myself slide that far back to my old ways? ( oh yeah I stopped counting calories, ate whatever I wanted and would start tomorrow, didn’t make myself exercise consistently, etc.)   But I did and now I’m stopping it. I CAN DO THIS!

Today is the official start of the latest challenge over The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans…bring on SHRINKVIVOR!  I am a proud member of The Burgundy Babes Tribe…and we are all excited to start shrinking! So bring on SHRINKVIVOR…lets do this together shall we?


*My Aunt Debbie goes to Cleveland Clinic today for a Brain CT Scan and hopefully gets her first injection of Avastin today at 2:15 EST. Please keep her in your prayers and lift up her spirit as she continues her fight against brain cancer.



15 comments:

Jamee said...

Congrats on being down 2.5 from last week! We are so going to kill this challenge!

Elaine A. said...

You can do this girl! I'd say GO Burgundy Babes but I'm on the "Hello Yellow" tribe so I'm kinda rooting for us.

But GO MENDIE!!! ;)

praying for your Aunt...

Bari said...

Praying for Aunt Debbie for sure.

^5 for those 2.5 pounds. That's awesome. I know you and you will definitely find your groove. How has the running been going? Are you still trying to work on your intervals?

Becca said...

You can do it!

Tracie said...

2.5 lbs is awesome. Congrats.

Carrie said...

Mendie,
1st good luck to your aunt and your family, you are all still in my thoughts and prayers.
2nd, I feel your WI pain. I have been doing the same thing, up a little, down a little and than all the sudden OMG 25-30lbs. Good luck with the challenge! You are off to a great start!

The Doll said...

2.5 is awesome, Congrats! Tribe Burgundy Babes is going to do awesome.

Renée aka Mekhismom said...

Praying for your aunt. Awesome job on the weight loss and I know you are going to knock this challenge out of the box!

Angela said...

Yay on 2.5 pounds! Yay for Burgundy Babes!!! So glad you're on my team. :)

Praying for your aunt!

Bacardi Mama said...

2.5 pounds is awesome. You are doing great and with all the stress you have been under. I'm keeping your aunt and you in my prayers.

april said...

High five you!

Many positive thoughts for your aunt. {{HUGS}}

Roo said...

Praying for your Aunt.

Congrats on the loss!

*Lissa* said...

Great loss! You will do a U-turn and get back to where you were. I know it!

Thinking of you and your Aunt. xoxo

Christy M. said...

You've got this girl. I know you can do it!!!

Keeping your aunt in my prayers, too. :)

Stillmary said...

Great step in the right direction with the 2.5 loss, Mendie You'll be back to your old low in no time. In fact maybe in seven weeks!
I'll be praying for your Aunt Debbie

Post a Comment