May 21, 2010

5
A Nice Day for a White Wedding

My dear friend Amber got married last Saturday.  The whole week before was rainy and cold, but when we woke up to beautiful blue skies and 60 degree temperatures, we knew it was going to be a beautiful day filled with love, family and friends.
We met at a local hotel where we had Mimosas and chocolate covered strawberries while the wedding party got their hair and makeup done.  We then went to the church and finished getting dressed in the parlor and waited patiently, enjoying her last hour as a single woman.
There were laughter and tears as we sat and waited for the guests to fill the church.  Smiles for the wonderful life she was about to begin with her true love.  Tears for the father she had lost less then 2 years ago who wouldn't be able to walk his oldest daughter down the isle.  His best friend did the honor of giving her away and I know her father was smiling down on both of them the whole day just grinning and saying thank you and I love you.
After the wedding, we made our way to the reception where we had the best chicken ever and enjoyed some yummy champagne as the brother of the groom and sister of the bride gave their heartfelt toasts.  The cake was amazing, it had an almond filling!  Each table had their own cake that was filled with raspberry!  Yum! It was a dancing crowd, so it didn't take long for the dance floor to fill up.  Somehow I missed The Cupid Shuffle, but made it out and shook my money maker for a bit.  Fun times!
Maybe it's just the love and romance that surrounds us women at weddings, but when the newlyweds danced their first dance as husband and wife.  I couldn't help but get tears in my eyes.  I tried to hold them back, as we were still sitting at the head table and all, but a few may have slipped down my cheek as I listed to the words to their song,  Lucky in Love by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat.  "You make it easy when life gets hard. I'm Lucky I'm in love with my best friend.  Lucky to have been where I have been."  Doesn't that say so much!  I sent my husband a text from the head table during that song, telling him that I loved him and he was my best friend. I couldn't wait to go be in his arms.  No matter what life throws at me and no matter how stressed I tend to be about things, my husband is always there to remind me that as long as we have each other, we will be fine.  We'll get thru it when and if the time comes, so stop stressing about it now.  I need to try to live that more often, I think we all do.  Just enjoy now and everything you are blessed with.
It was a beautiful day and I am so happy for my friend and her new husband.  I am blessed that I have so many good loving people in my life and that I got to spend such a special day with some of them.  Congratulations!



5 comments:

Ace said...

Sounds like a great time! I'm right there with ya, I have a terrible time when we're hired to shoot weddings. I'm supposed to be assisting Superman and half the time I'm sitting there crying!
And thanks for getting Billy Idol stuck in my head!

Stacie's Madness said...

how fun...great pictures!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

That sky is beautiful!

Stillmary said...

This is such a lovely post and reading about your tears gave me tears. Thanks for sharing such a special day!

Bari said...

Beautiful post and great pictures. I always cry at weddings, too :)

Post a Comment