March 25, 2010

13
You Capture -A Classic Moment

{March 23}

In the midst of all the new talk of microbrews and wheat, lime and even tangerine flavored beers that are popping up on the market...sometimes you have to devert back to an old original and enjoy the moment for the timelessness that it holds.

My husband's grandfather known among the family as Pap, used to drink PBR when he was younger.  When he would say he was drinking Pabst beer, my husband (being a child) would interpret it as Pap's beer.  It wasn't until he was older that he realized that it wasn't his Pap's beer....it was actually Pabst beer.

Pabst Blue Ribbon...my husbands favorite beer.  Especially in tallboy form.

*Stop over and share your favotire moment of the week with Beth at I Should be Folding Laundry.


13 comments:

Brooke said...

funny what you hear as a child - i've had several of those eye opening "oh you were saying..."

jay likes pbr too.

Jeanine said...

I'm not a beer drinker, actually not even an alcohol drinker but its so true... As my friends and hubby would say anyways sometimes it is nice to revert back to the old!

ZDub said...

I think we are kindred spirits.

Dcan said...

Great shot of Pap's beer - how cute!

Alysha (Supermom) said...

What a great moment. Love the story along with it! :)

Bec said...

Oh, good ol' PBR.

Lisa said...

That's such a cool story. Great photo.

CraftGirlAlli said...

wow...pbr brings back some college memories!

love the story that goes along with it!

Mrs. Cline said...

Oh my gosh, this makes me think of my grandpa!

Stillmary said...

I love the moment in time that you captured (and I don't think that can has changed at all!). And your blog story that goes with it is so endearing. How cute!

Christie said...

What a way to capture a moment now and remember a moment. That is so touching. If only we never got told what they really meant apart from what we really thought. Life would be so much sweeter.

Heather D said...

I LOVE that story! (I prefer Coors Light, myself!)

Elaine A. said...

Love the story about your husband thinking it was his Pap's beer! HA!

We tried a strawberry local beer this last weekend and it was really good. But then so is my old stand by, a regular Shiner!

Post a Comment