March 17, 2010

10
Weigh-In Wednesday

Sisterhood Spring Fling Challenge
Well time for another Weigh-in for the Spring Fling Challenge. If you recall it was a irregular weekend for me with Emma getting sick and company coming in on Saturday. Kinda nervous when I stepped on the scale Monday morning and saw that it was up 3 lbs! Thankfully most of that was bloat from my not so great sodium filled choices this weekend, but some of it stuck. Here are this morning’s results.

Here are my numbers
Last Week: 152.2 lbs
This Week: 152.8 lbs
Current Loss: +0.6 lbs

Challenge Total: -2.8 lbs

I managed to Shred 5 of 7 days this weekend, taking both weekend days off. I am bummed to have not gotten it in, but family and life come first.

I made myself track all of my food points and here is how my week looked.

Wednesday 23, Thursday 25, Friday 23, Saturday 49, Sunday 35, Monday 17, Tuesday 17

I am allowed 19 pts per day, 35 flex pts for the week and normally count 3 APs for my workouts. If I use all these points, then I “really” only used 4 extra points. And that caused me to gain. I looked back to my prior trackers, and I normally only don’t eat my activity points and normally have about 5 of my weekly points allowance left. So this kinda brought 2 different things to light.

1) I need to workout to keep losing at the rate I have been. I should not consider this an excuse to eat extra points. My body isn’t to that point yet. Maybe it will be one day, but not today.
2) I need to divvy out my allowance points. My Saturday consumption included a Apple Pecan salad, 3 glasses of wine, pizza, tortilla chips, texas caviar and oriental slaw salad (which is made with ramen noodles and cabbage). Oh and I had package of fancy cakes. Can’t forget those 7 pts of sugary goodness.

So while I am disappointed that I didn’t contribute a loss this week to Team SynErgy (sorry ladies!), I have learned a lesson. Just because your schedule changes, you have to stay focused. And its not going to be easy, if it was I would have reached my goal a long time ago So head is up, moving past this slight roadblock and pushing ahead to seeing a loss next week!

How did you do…go share your experience this week with the Sisterhood!


10 comments:

AmericanTribal said...

I'm sure you'll whoop the scale's butt next week! I think it's really cool that you can recognize what went wrong and you're trying to fix it. Sometimes a small gain works out towards a bigger loss because it allows us to see what works for us and what doesn't. :)

Stillmary said...

Way to persevere, Mendie! It's so great that you aren't letting an unusual weekend and a tiny weight gain derail your weight loss efforts! I know you're going to be so successful and will continue to be an inspiration to the rest of us that haven't joined the weight loss movement yet.

Brooke said...

staying focuses is hard and sucks - but it sounds like you have a game plan for next week and beyond! :)

jaime said...

It's okay to gain one week (or a few weeks, since we're going to be doing WW for a while!) And it's more than okay to focus on family first. Overall, you're still doing great!

I have a question, though. You mentioned you are allowed 19 points per day. Why only 19? I was always at 20 points, until I just hit below 140, bringing me to 19 points per day, plus the 35 flex points. (Surprisingly, that point or two really does matter. I find that I was gaining weight if not eating enough. And you don't want your body to feel like it's starving.)

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

Mendie, I'm so proud of you and your points tracking! You are doing an amazing job :) You really only get 19 points per day? REALLY?? Wow. I get 22, so that seems strange to me.

Hope everyone in the family is feeling better now, so you can get back to your shredding! Woot!!!

The Doll said...

Weekends are the worst. Especially if you have visitors. Keep your chin up and you will do better next week.

Daenel said...

Weekends are hard, don't let it get you down. Just keep going.

Mommy Mo said...

Wow- you did so good with the tracking and analyzing where you went wrong. IN fact, I think you went right with this post.

Christie O. said...

yes, i agree, you did well keeping track!! that's awesome! no worries, it is totally hard when things get in the way, i know it girl. here's to a great week ahead!!!

Karena said...

Family and life do indeed come first! I'm impressed that through it all you kept tracking your points. Great job, girl! You'll get that .6 back next week plus some!

Post a Comment