January 27, 2010

28
You Capture-Color

Photobucket
I am totally cheating this week on you capture-just sayin'-please don't be angry. I didn't take any colorful pictures this week, its been a dark drab week in Ohio and nothing really caught my eye.  But the pictures I chose to share are colorful pictures from the past that make me happy.  Thinking of these bright landscapes when its so gray and cold outside lifts my spirits.  Spring is just around the corner people!
*Note: My husband actually took both of these, so I give all credit to him.  He has a great eye.


This picture was taken in my husband hometown in Ohio last summer.  It just looks so peaceful...makes me wanna grab a blanket, throw it down, take a nap and daydream.



This picture was taken in Richmond, Virginia last year....I believe the place is called Belles Island. Look at that sky!  I love this one!


Come share some color with Beth at I Should be Folding Laundry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



28 comments:

Bari said...

Beautiful pics Mendie (even if your hubby took them :P). I agree about dark and drab. Michigan ain't much better right now. Today the color is WHITE.

T.J. said...

beautiful, bright photos Mendie! Hey, we do what we gotta do this time of year, right? ;)

CraftGirlAlli said...

Great pictures! That train looks like railcars that come and go where I work!

Brooke said...

the one of the bridge is gorgeous!! :) my hubby is the photographer in our family.

The Household 6 Diva said...

LOL - I don't know if I'd lay down and take a nap next to that big ol train! :)

Love that sky!

Heather D said...

Beautiful shots! Your husband has a great eye (you do too!).

Melissa said...

Love that bridge, great shots!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Gorgeous bridge!

Bunch of Barrons said...

Wow! Love those pictures! :)

Dcan said...

Both beautiful photos! I love blue skies and bridges!

Kirsten said...

I had trouble finding color too. We saw the sun for the first time yesterday in I don't know how long. But your pictures totally bring to mind sunnier days.

jaime said...

The second photo is my fave - I especially like the buildings in the background, and the sky is amazing!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

cheating or not, I love the shots. That first one is super cool!

Lyndsay said...

I love bridge pictures!! And the blue sky in the second shot is breathtaking!

Alita said...

We have had no sunshine so I had a hard time taking outdoor pics, but you NAILED IT! Great pictures... thanks for sharing!

Elaine A. said...

Great shots, your hubs is good! That sky is GORGEOUS!!

melissa said...

Awesome train shot!

Stillmary said...

I love the contrast between the dark bridge and the beautiful blue sky. Nice!

Sarah Jones said...

Love both pictures! Tell hubby he did good!

Alysha (Supermom) said...

what beautiful pictures!

Colleen said...

Very nice. I love the train photo!

Bacardi Mama said...

Great captures!

Lena said...

Very beautiful shots and colors. Makes me long for summer!

imadramamama said...

Dark and drab in Ohio? I don't believe it! : )

I love the one of the train...

Katie said...

Oh, that blue! blue! sky. I can't wait to see it again!

Candace Pelz said...

Both pictures are beautiful! Great job!

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Beautiful sky! =)

Sahne said...

with all the rain we 've been having, looking at the photos is so soothing to my soul. Ahhh, summer!

Post a Comment