December 28, 2009

4
Christmas and Emotions....what a combo!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and got to spend time with family and friends.  It was a nice Christmas, didn't get our Holiday bonus at work (no big surprise there) so it was alot smaller than normal, but that was perfectly ok, my DSLR camera will have to wait.  We were together and the few things we did get were appreciated that much more. Or at least I hope so.

I did have a little breakdown Christmas night and ended up in tears in my husbands arms, but someone said something that really hurt my feelings and I just lost it.  Was better by the time I went to bed, but sometimes words can hurt so bad.  I need to not let some things affet me so much in the new year, but that will be hard because I am such as emotional person...sometimes too emotional.

I ate TOOO many sweets, but didn't overdo it on food since I've been off work.  Only had a few glasses of wine, which I will have another of tonight.  I ate the last piece of toffee that I am sticking in my mouth last night, so I've sworn off munching on sweets.  Been loving getting to relax in my PJ's all day yesterday and chill.  I'm off work until next Monday, and I'm going to enjoy every last minute of it.  Going to get some things straightened up around the house and organized, but enjoying the downtime with my hibs and pup.

But the last 24 hours have been raher annoying.  Ever have one of those days where the stars just aren't lining up?  Last night I went to download my Christmas pictures and only 5 of them are there.  Pissed me right off.  Took a few minutes of video of my cousins baby starting to push herself (early crawling I guess) towards a toy on Christmas Day.  Took on of the 4 generations of ladies, a good one of my hubby and I....all now are gone. Then today, our garage door opener decided to take a crap, of course when it's been snowing for the last 2 days and is really cold. 

So I thought I'd take a few minutes and share a few of my favortie gifts from Christmas to de-stress myself.

My favoritest gift of this Christmas would have to be toe socks!  You know those socks that have toeholes, like gloves for your feet?  I have wanted a pair for the longest time, but never really felt the need to buy them for myself.  I asked Santa for a pair of rainbow striped ones.  He did better than that...he brought me rainbow ones, green and red striped ones with rudolph on them, a pair with penguins...and these fuzzy Santa ones.  They are the warmest socks ever...I am so lucky to have 4 pairs of them!  Each toe stays warm and cozy-love them!

I also got some knitting looms which I've been enjoying so much!  I started working on a scarf to match my runners headband/earwarmer I got....which I can't wait to wear outside!!  Love the looms....much easier than knitting freehand, but not as precise and delicate, although I feel much more accomlished seeing it progress!

Got some awesome new athletic socks (I know I'm such a dork to ask for running socks)...can't wait to put those to use in 2010!

I got a really really cute apron made out of my favorite fabric in my stocking!  Love it!  The holiday one I made will be getting put away but this one will be worn often!

My cousin had a purse party earlier this month, so I picked out a bold handbag...I normally just go for black or brown...but wanted something a little different.  Love the zebra patch on this one-figure I will help remind me be an individual in the new year and not worry about what people say!


What was your favorite gifts this year?  Did you get something, big or small, that brought a huge smile to your face that hasn't been wiped off yet?


4 comments:

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

Looks like you got some great stuff. Those socks are a crack up!!

april said...

Oh how I love toe socks!!! So much! Let's see, my favorite present was a bracelet that says, "don't forget to love yourself".

Christie O. said...

great socks, all of them! i got me some socks too, love!! and i got some gear for my bike, so so very excited about that! 2010's our year baby! don't let those hoo-ha's get to you!

Brooke said...

sorry that you're dealing with a little stress - i know how that goes.

i love the fuzzy toe socks!! :)

my favorite gift was probably the cable tv show (psych) that the hubs and i got on dvd from my parents. jay and i don't have cable and its one of the shows we miss watching!

Post a Comment