August 20, 2009

14
You Capture - Peace

Photobucket

You Capture challenge this week is peace. There are several things that bring me peace, mainly my family and home.

This is my mom, it was her senior picture. She passed away last October and I have this frame and memorial candle in our spare bedroom. I have a plant that someone gave at the funeral beside it,which somehow I have managed to keep green. Looking at her picture heals me a little each day as I know she is at peace now.

Here is Miss Emma. She loves to sit in the living room upstairs and stare out the front door watching the squirrels and birds. The way the light reflects in her eyes is mesmerizing, you can't help but feel relaxed just watching her enjoy the sunshine.

We were blessed to find a house that already had a fenced in backyard. Emma loves it and so do we, it is very peaceful to sit on the back patio and watch the birds, squirrels and bunnies hop around in the field behind us. Calms you down after a long day in the office.

What brings you peace? Stop over to Beth's place and share your pictures with us!



14 comments:

Diana...aka...MeMe said...

Love the last shot! Precious! Hoping you continue to find peace concerning your Mom... she looks like she was a lovely person! Have a peaceful day!

Elaine A. said...

Thank you for sharing your mother's picture with us. I'm glad to know that you feel peace in looking at her photo.

And that last picture is just too sweet... : )

Jessi said...

What a beautiful post.

Stefany said...

Those are wonderful!

I am sorry for the loss of your mother but your memorial to her is beautiful.

I didn't even think animals this week, but my animals bring me peace too.

Lovely job!

Christy M. said...

I'm sorry you lost your mother. She was beautiful.

Emma is a beautiful dog, and I love the last shot of her. Your yard looks wonderful!

livinginagirlsworld said...

The last picture of Emma is sweet. I have my mother-in-law's senior picture up too. She passed before we married and this way my girls will always know that she is important.

Brooke said...

how beautiful!

peace to me is being snuggled into the arms of my hubs knowing that he's willing to do anything for me.

Stef said...

How incredibly nice!

Thank you also for your sweet comment. :)

Jo@Mylestones said...

It's funny-my dog does the same thing as Emma--sits on the step and "ponders life". She could be out there for hours in the evening, just staring off into the distance.

Anjie said...

Beautiful photos. I can see how the memorial of your Mother could bring you peace, knowing she is also at peace.

april said...

What a great reminder that your mom is at peace.

I'm in love with your dog. Black and tan doxies are the best.

Saj said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mother. And I LOVE the shot of your dog laying at the edge of the deck facing the backyard! Definitely peaceful!

Meredith said...

Such a beautiful picture of your mom and a peaceful backyard is so wonderful!!

Life with Kaishon said...

Your Mom is very beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you have a special way to remember her. Your Emma is the cutest little dog on the planet : ) Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Post a Comment