December 16, 2011

3
Grace's First Vegetable

We started Grace on solids this week!  First up....sweet potatoes.
As you can see, she was very excited about being in her high chair!
She finally is big enough to sit up in it!
I plan on making her babyfood, so I started by pureeing the potatoes and
adding a little milk to smooth it out some.
This is how the next 10 minutes went. I took the pleasure of adding what I think was going thru Grace's mind.

{Yum. This has FLAVOR!}
{Oh my....I'm not sure I like FLAVOR!}
{Oh no....not a fan of FLAVOR. AT. ALL.}
Not wanting to traumatize her, I stopped shortly after the above face. Baby steps.
I thought it might be fun to let her play with it and feel the texture and maybe put a little in her mouth herself.
Nope.
She didn't want anything to do with touching it. Can't really complain about that now can I?
She ended up eating about 1/4 of a tablespoon the first night.
We have slowly worked our way up and last night she had almost a whole tablespoon!
My big girl is eating vegetable and she is tolerating it!!!



3 comments:

Brooke said...

that's awesome :) i think its great that you're making the baby food. it'll go a long way to saving money, but also if she's eating real veggies now the transition to them when she's older should be easier (or at least it was with my niece)

Jamee @ A New Kind of Normal said...

How can she already be 6 months old?! Love the facial expressions! We caught Abby's on film too when she tried her first veggie which just so happened to be sweet potatoes too! I know you plan on making your own baby food but just in case you need a jar in a pinch Abby loooooved the sweet potatoes & apple mix from Gerber! Your baby girl is so precious!!

Elaine A. said...

Did you say something about baby food?! I was distracted by the super cute baby!!!!

Good on you for making her food. It's SO much tastier that way! And better for her too. :)

Post a Comment