September 16, 2011

3
Grace's first trip to the apple orchard

We have an annual tradition of going to the local orchard and picking apples.
Not just any kind of apples. HONEYCRISP APPLES!
If you have never tried a honeycrisp, go to the store now and buy one. You will thank me.

This was Grace's first apple picking expedition.
I wore her in my front pack carrier and even though she wasn't quite tall enough to look around,
she did pretty good in it for about 20 minutes until she got hungry and was over it.
See the look on her face...she is less than thrilled.
Next year she will be walking around with us...wow I can't even imagine how fun that will be!

It was a cooler morning and it seemed like it was going to rain, but it didn't while we were there.
We walked thru the isles of trees looking for just the right apples.
The ones that are both red and green taste the best I think.
We got a 20 lb bag and picked up a 10 lb bag for my Grandma. She loves them too!
Of course you have to eat a few apples while you are picking them, that is part of the fun!


She started to get a little more fussy, so I went back to the car and nursed her for a little while.
It was my first experience nursing in a public place.
I felt good about it, kinda at one with nature and mother nature all at the same time.
It was very relaxing. Afterwards Grace was much happier as you can see.

So afterwards, we stepped back outside while the boys were finishing up and
took the chance to get a few more pictures to remember this special day.
I love my beautiful little family.

I love starting traditions with her! She makes them so special!

*Photos taken by our friend Chad, edited by me.


3 comments:

Bari said...

I love that you took Grace to the orchard with you! She is so perfect, M. Big squishy hugs to all 3 of you!

simply heidi said...

A tradition is born! Lovely. (And I do love Honeycrisps. Think I'll go get some today!)

Elaine A. said...

Picking your own honey crisps? Oh my goodness, I am SO jealous. That is my VERY favorite kind of apple!

And yes, Grace will have so much fun next year! What a great tradition!! :-)

Post a Comment