July 20, 2011

10
One Month

It's been a hectic first month, with Mommy and Daddy trying to get into this new routine with their beautiful daughter. Some things have fallen to the sidelines. It all takes a backseat, and she is in control. So whatever time is left, things are starting to get back to normal and caught up. 
Including my blog, which I wanted to use as a journal for 
our little girl's first year and all the milestones she is going to reach. 
So I'm going to try to start updating it once a week and keep track of what she is doing and what all is changing. The time is flying by and I don't want to miss documenting every little thing she does.
She has changed so much in the first month, I can't believe it!
So here is a summary of what you have been up to for the last four weeks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grace Mae - you are ONE month old!!!

You weigh 8 lbs and are 21 inches tall.
(You lost a little when you got home, but passed up your birthweight at 3 wks) 
You are wearing newborn clothes.
(Some of those are too big still for you but you are getting close!)
You wear a newborn diaper. 
(Currently outgrowing Pampers and making your way into Huggies)
 
You have gotten to be a good sleeper. 
After that first night at home, (remember the one where none of us got any sleep?), 
you have settled into a routine of waking up to eat about midnight, three and six. 
You don't have any problems normally going back to sleep in about 15 minutes. 
Its been pretty good, I know how many first time moms would kill for a few hours of sleep at a time! 
So thank you for that my little bundle of joy! 
 
You nap alot, and if you aren't eating, you probably are sleeping. 
I'm guessing you sleep about 18-20 hours a day. 
I have followed the old theory of don't wake a sleeping baby, 
so if you nap extra long, then you'll eat more when you wake up. 
You are growing and need your rest!
 
Oh and you sometimes grin and giggle in your sleep. Its freakin adorable and makes us chuckle! 
You are starting to get a little better with controlling your neck. 
You had a strong neck from the first few days at the hospital. While you are not a fan of tummy time, we try to get some time in every now and then to help  you get better control. 
 
You are eating every 3-4 hours. Now that Mommy is getting this breastfeeding thing down a little better, it should be easier and less work for both of us. 
We did have to supplement formula for about a week or so, 
but you have been latching on better and seem to be filing yourself up from the tap, 
so we've stopped with the formula. It makes me feel good that 
I am giving you what you need to grow into a healthy little lady.  
  
We spent most of the first month holding you. Even if you were sleeping after a feeding or if you were just looking around. Its really hard to put you down. 
I just keep staring at you and can't believe how blessed we are. 
 
You probably have noticed Mommy cried alot the first month or so at home.
Its just all of these emotions that are going thru my body from carrying you for 10 months.
I sometimes cry because I am frustrated with my recovery from the surgery to get you here. 
It was hard not being able to do alot of stuff the first few weeks, Mommy isn't used to having to have help. 
 
Sometimes I tear up when you look in my eyes. How did I get so lucky? When I think about all of the scary things that could have happened, I cry some more. Not boohoo crying, but little happy wells of tears in my eyes. What a perfect little baby you are. And I appreciate every minute with you!
 
Daddy did an great job taking care of both of us when we got home. Between having to give Mommy spongebaths and taking care of her incision, and not being able to do anything when I had a random crying episode, he had his hands full with me....let alone with a brand new baby girl!
But he has been amazing! He was up with you for every diaper change and feeding. 
I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband that is turning into a great father. 
You are lucky to get to call him Daddy!
 
You are truely a blessing and I love you to pieces! 


10 comments:

*Lissa* said...

Awwww! Love seeing the update of your l'il girl! xo

Tiffany S said...

She is so cute! And aren't the emotions post-birth just *so* much fun? I cried and cried to - for no reason. Big, alligator tears. And yikes on the sponge baths. I can't imagine. I took a shower the day after my C-section which was heavenly.

Elaine A. said...

She's just precious, my friend. I'm so happy for you that you have such a blessing to hold. xoxo

Bacardi Mama said...

Aww Mendie, she is so adorable and has changed so much already. What a blessing you have there.

Furry Bottoms said...

She really is beautiful!

jaime said...

I just love all of the pictures. She's so sweet!

Bari said...

This was so beautiful, Mendie. Grace is a lucky little girl to have parents who adore her as you. I loved reading this update and seeing the pictures.

Ryan {Southern Pearls} said...

What a great post Mendie! Grace is a cutie pie!! :-)

Brooke said...

she's beautiful!! and congrats on having a good sleeper!!! :) i hear that's a huge deal.

Argumentative essay said...

So true, So true..
She is really cute...

Post a Comment