February 24, 2011

3
a wonderful surprise

My husband surprised me last week with one of the most amazing gifts that I have received in a long time. 
A portrait of Emma! He has a friend, his name is Matt Betts, who has been doing Pet Portraits for a while. 
We have seen some of his work and always talked about how awesome it would be to have something like that done with a favorite picture of Emma. Because any of you who have visited my blog, know Emma is like our child and we have hundreds probably thousands of pictures of her on our hard drive.  
She's just too adorable isn't she?

So he went and sent Matt some images of Emma that were his favorite and he decided on using this one 
for her portrait.  She has such beautiful eyes and markings and I love how she stands so strong. 
Very photogenic for a canine, don't you agree? 
Last week he received the portrait in the mail. He gave it to me after work. I cried.
Literally, I had tears in my eyes! It was beautiful! He did an amazing job!
You can see the detail in the picture below, but in real life it is even more amazing.
You can see the strands of her hair and the definition in her chest so much clearer.
Artists never cease to amaze me, but the way that Matt captured her strong features and her
sweet personality at the same time just blew me away.
I mean, he even got the twinkle in her eyes!
We are looking to find the perfect frame for it and just the right spot to display it.
Our little girl is now captured in art for us to enjoy for years to come. What an amazing gift!

You can check out more of Matt's work here. Stop over like his page and check out an amazing artist.
If you have a pet you consider a member of the family, check with him about getting your own pet portrait!
I am so thankful for his talent and for my husband asking him to create one of Emma. What a wonderful surprise!


3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm gonna be honest. I'm not a little dog fan. But Emma is so cute! And Matt did an amazing job. Glad you have this portrait of her.

Bari said...

Your hubs is so good to you! I love the portrait of Emma, and having met her IRL, I know what a sweet little dog she is :)

jaime said...

What a great surprise! I love the portrait of Emma.

Post a Comment