January 23, 2011

6
Sugar & Spice or Snakes & Snails...which one will it be?

So our Big Ultrasound is coming up on Tuesday! And the most important thing is seeing 10 fingers and 10 toes and know that everything is progressing the way it should be and that we have a healthy baby. That is my biggest prayer. But of course we can't wait to see what colors we need to start buying! Will it be pink or blue? It's always fun to take quizzes, so I borrowed this idea from Natalie and thought it would be interesting to see how it compared to whats really happening in mah belly!

I am carrying the extra weight
Out front.
Around the hips and bottom.
I'm carrying the extra weight around the hips and bottom, so it's a girl.

The hair on my legs is growing
more quickly than before I got pregnant.
the same as before I got pregnant.
The hair on my legs is not growing any faster during pregnancy, so it's a girl.

I am carrying my baby
high.
low.
Boys are carried low. I am going to have a boy.

I sleep in my bed with my pillow to the
north.
south.
Sleeping in a bed with your pillow to the north indicates that I will be having a boy. (actually its to the West, but I face North.)

My feet are
colder than before pregnancy.
the same as before.
My feet are not colder than they were before pregnancy. I am having a girl.

I
refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread.
prefer the heel.
I refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread. I am having a girl. (I never eat the heal. period.)

The Dad-to-be is
gaining weight right along with me.
is not gaining weight.
Dad-to-be is gaining weight right along with Mom-to-be, which means that I'll have a boy.

My mother's hair color is
gray.
not gray (natural or dyed).
The maternal grandmother doesn't have gray hair (dyed or natural), so a girl will be born.

I had morning sickness early in my pregnancy:
Yes.
No.
I didn't have morning sickness early in pregnancy, so it will be a boy. (I never actually yacked so I'm saying it was just queasiness not actual morning sickness.)

I am looking
particularly good during pregnancy.
not so good.
I'm not looking particularly good during pregnancy. Therefore, it must be a girl, because girls steal their mother's looks. (I don't think I've gotten that beautiful pregnancy glow yet)

During pregnancy, my chest development has been
quite dramatic.
no too dramatic.
My chest development has not been very dramatic during pregnancy. I should expect a boy. (ps. my chest developed a long time ago)

My age at the time of conception was: 33
Conception took place in the month of : September
Since the sum of the mother's age at conception and the number of the month of conception is even, it will be a boy.

Hang a thread with a needle over your belly. The thread moves
in circles
from side to side.
A needle on a thread held over you belly moves from side-to-side, so it will be a girl.

My urine is a
bright neon yellow color.
dull yellow.
My urine is a dull yellow color, so I will have a girl.

I have been craving
sweets.
salty or sour food.
I am craving sweets, which means that it is a girl. (again, I could eat a jar of frosting anytime, not just when I'm pregnant)

My nose has
spread during pregnancy.
stayed the same.
My nose hasn't changed during pregnancy, which indicates a girl.

I have been craving
meats and cheese.
fruit.
I have been craving fruits, so it is a girl.

The baby's heart rate is
above 140 beats per minute.
140 or less.
My baby's heart rate is 140 or more beats per minute, so it's a girl.

Chinese Gender Charts:
The Bump: GIRL
BabyCenter: BOY
I-Village: GIRL
BabyZone: BOY
QUIZ RESULTS: 64% say I'm gonna have a GIRL, 36% say I'm gonna have a BOY

What do you think the little bean will be? Take my poll below and see if you are predicted correctly when we reveal in a few days!



6 comments:

Bari said...

Prayers for a healthy, cooperative baby bean. I really wanted to know with the wondertwins, but had to wait until one of my later ultrasounds for K to stop being modest. D let himself be known right away. Hopefully all the stars will align & you'll get some great pictures & video!

jaime said...

I'm thinking a healthy girl...can't wait to hear about the appointment!

Roo said...

So much fun! Cannot wait to hear whether Bean is a boy or girl! :)

Mrs. Cline said...

I totally vote girl. :)

Tiffany S said...

Good luck! Hope the little one does not have legs crossed!

april said...

You should know I have an 85% accuracy rate on predicting these things. Can't wait to hear if I'm right. :)

Post a Comment