June 30, 2010

15
Weigh-In Wednesday


Well I'm back on track this week, been sticking to my calories and working out consistently.  High Five!
And thankfully it is starting to be reflected on the scale.

This week -.5 lb
Total Challenge -4.0 lbs

As I had been saying for the last few months now, I finally started the Couch to 5K program again.  And it feels good.  I'm on week 2 and excited about my progress so far, can't wait to keep going this time!  Last fall when I was doing it, I got up to doing 3 minute intervals.  I'll get there again.  Right now I'm just happy with my 90 seconds of running.  I am trying to walk at least a mile on my off days to keep my muscles stretched out and get some activity in.

So this weekend is the 4th of July.  It's a little intimidating I have to be honest.  We will have a family cookout on Sunday, and in lieu of hamburgers and hotdogs, there will be shredded chicken and pulled pork.  Oh joy, that should be easy to resist...not so much.  I am going to bring a few low cal buns with me and try to stock up on fruit and veggies instead of the macaroni salad and other yummy treats that will be there.  And I'm limiting my alcohol intake, drinking a water in between.  At least that's my plan. Good to start with a plan, right?

Another thing that I have mixed feeling about...swimming.  I won an awesome swimsuit from Shrinking Jeans and Lands End and got it last week.  The Berry color is amazing! My aunt has a pool and I haven't been swimming in it since probably 2005.  I afraid I'll still feel uncomfortable, like I'm not ready to be seen yet since I'm still fluffy.  I know it's a personal issue and I'm probably the only one who will be judging me,  but I just hope I overcome that fear over the next few days and not worry about I look like.  Just enjoy the awesome swimsuit and feel beautiful in my own skin.  I'm gonna try. I'm gonna try.

How was your week?  Have you been tracking your calories and getting your activity on?  Stop by and share with the Sisters.




15 comments:

Kirsten said...

Woot for a loss! You have a great plan for next weekend. Just stick to it and you'll do great!

Bari said...

^5 on that loss! Woot! It sounds like you have a good plan for the weekend. Even if you deviate a little, you will be fine. I think as you keep going on the c25k, you are going to see more results on the scale, expecially if you add in a little strength training (do as I say, not as I don't-m'kay?).

As for feeling self-conscious in your swimsuit-we've all been there and many of us are still there. A lot of the folks there are probably judging themselves, too, and are too busy worring about how THEY look to have any time to judge you. Fluffy or not-go out there and rock that swimsuit. I'm hoping to take mine to the beach with K this weekend. We can rock 'em together!

lashera said...

Congrats on your loss! I love C2K. Keep it up!

Brooke said...

gosh mendie you're such a loser! ;) great job!! :)

and does this mean we're not going to get to check out you and your new suit?

Melissa List said...

good job! :D

Sarah said...

Way to go!! You'll be running miles in no time at all!!

Renée aka Mekhismom said...

Do you know how jealous I am that you won a bathing suit? You better wear it before I come and snatch from you!

Elaine A. said...

Wahoo girl! Sounds like you are doing great with couch to 5K. I'm having Achilles issues right now but otherwise I'd be running with you.

Keep up the great work. I've started doing Zumba at our gym and I love it! :)

Kim said...

High 5s for consistancy, a loss & c25k!! whohooooooooooo thanks for the inspiration!! I did my week one day one last night & love it!!! :) even posted a Mendie-style proof :) one time wearing that awesome suit out & you won't flinch again! you will rock it!!! JUST DO IT :)

xristinejoyce said...

Congrats on the loss and winning the swimsuit! LUCKY!! Welcome back to couch 2 5 k!! Finally, I totally hear you about the 4th! We can survive and still have a good weigh-in next week. =)

xristinejoyce said...

Congrats on the loss and winning the swimsuit! LUCKY!! Welcome back to couch 2 5 k!! Finally, I totally hear you about the 4th! We can survive and still have a good weigh-in next week. =)

Christy M. said...

Mendie I'm so proud of you!!! WTG on sticking with your eating plan and rocking the C25K! WOOT!

On the swimsuit. I know exactly how you feel. I missed out on so many fun times because I didn't want to don a swimsuit. When I was at the beach a couple of weeks ago, I was amazed at all the shapes and sizes of women out there romping around in bikinis. They weren't worried about how they looked, and that really made me feel better. More than likely, you're the only one who's really going to notice your extra-fluffiness, so get out there and enjoy that new suit at the pool.

I'll be rooting for you :)

xoxoxoxo

Tiffany said...

Great job Mendie! You are doing so well and I am so glad you are getting back to running!

Andrea said...

Don't let your insecurities stop you from getting in that bathing suit and having FUN!! I continued to wear my bathing suit even at my highest point of over 200 pounds. Keep me posted -- I hope you do it!!

Congrats on starting running again AND on the loss this week!! I've been stuck at maintaining these last several weeks...I'm hoping to one day break through this latest plateau!!

Stillmary said...

Way to go Mendie and not just the weight loss but your excellent attitude too. As far as the pool, I hope you jump in and have a blast!

Post a Comment