June 20, 2010

6
Happy Fathers Day Grandpa!

You were the only father I ever knew...and I wouldn't  have had it any other way.

I was the first grandchild that lived close and therefor got a lot of attention when I was a baby. My Mom and I lived with my Grandparents so they were around me from the beginning. Yep that's me about 6 months old on Grandpa's lap chewing on their anniversary present.
You may have looked like a big tough guy, but they said I had you wrapped around my finger from the day they brought me home. Normally whatever little Mendie wanted....little Mendie got. Some call it spoiled...I call it being Grandpa's little girl.
You made that clicking noise to get the neighbor horses to come over so I could pet them.  I thought that was the coolest noise ever!  You knew how to do everything, how to fix anything and how to make a little girl who lived in the country not get bored.  You taught me it was ok to play in the dirt and to pick up frogs.
I can't believe you have been gone for almost 10 years.  I wish that you would have been around to meet my husband, I think you guys would have gotten along pretty good.  He reminds me of you in some ways.  Rough and tough on the outside but with a big heart that loves me more than the moon.  A man that I know will make a great father someday. 

Happy Fathers Day Grandpa, I miss you and love you.  Thank you for being a great Dad to me!



6 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

Such a sweet and heartfelt tribute to your grandpa. I'm missing my dad too.

Bari said...

That was a beautiful tribute to your grandpa. I had tears in my eyes. All of my grandparents are gone and I miss them too. I'm glad you had such a special relationship with your grandpa. He sounds like he was a wonderful man.
((hugs))

To Think is to Create said...

So sweet, hugs to you! xoxo

Audrey said...

This is so sweet. You made me cry.

Stillmary said...

What a touching tribute! And I loved the pictures. Very nice!

Brooke said...

love the pictures - but you almost made me cry!

Post a Comment